Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£30.5 m profit on transfers 18:58 - Sep 1 with 7139 viewsValerie

Only 5 clubs made a profit Us,Arsenal,Spurs,Burnley and Stoke.

And we made almost as much as all those 4 put together.

And some of the dimwits on here still think the yanks have splashed the cash.

Muppets.
£30.5 m profit on transfers on 19:02 - Sep 1 with 5617 viewsCooperman

The 'yanks' are doing a reasonable job of finding the players that will secure Premier League status and balancing our books.

Dimwit.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

£30.5 m profit on transfers on 19:20 - Sep 1 with 5537 viewsmagicdaps10

£30.5 m profit on transfers on 19:02 - Sep 1 by Cooperman

The 'yanks' are doing a reasonable job of finding the players that will secure Premier League status and balancing our books.

Dimwit.

You cant say that on this window until may.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

£30.5 m profit on transfers on 19:26 - Sep 1 with 5504 viewsJoe_bradshaw

£30.5 m profit on transfers on 19:20 - Sep 1 by magicdaps10

You cant say that on this window until may.

Until January.

Then there's money in reserve to put right any shortcomings.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

£30.5 m profit on transfers on 19:32 - Sep 1 with 5475 viewslonglostjack

£30.5 m profit on transfers on 19:26 - Sep 1 by Joe_bradshaw

Until January.

Maybe we can have a whip round to buy the club a new fax machine for Christmas.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

£30.5 m profit on transfers on 19:40 - Sep 1 with 5437 viewsEasternJack

The utter basterds. How dare they revitalise our squad with quality signings good enough to keep us in this league and potentially challenge for Europe via a cup again. All while reduceing wages and making a net profit on sales.

Irresponsible chunts.

They now have money to invest more in developing the club, as well as building a pot for us to add some talent in January if necessary (or if we don't get a £50m windfall next season)

I think the likes of the op and magicdaps are right. They should have spent all the money they could get their hands on to satisfy us premier league plastics. I don't care about the future as I can always go back to supporting Liverpool. I want success now now now!

Selfish, greedy American yahoooos!
[Post edited 1 Sep 2017 19:43]

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

£30.5 m profit on transfers on 19:40 - Sep 1 with 5445 viewsandypitt56

Please enlighten us and explain when the club have ever spent all of the money from players sales? I seem to recall fans being happy every time the club made a profit at the end of the season and check me if i'm wrong but e those times we made profit due to player sales??

We have had one of the better transfer windows in a long time and yet some fans still moan. We all know the owners are not from Swansea... but is that a bad thing? look at the last owners that were self proclaimed Swansea fans, they shafted us. Perhaps we are better off with foreign owners who are interested in improving us so they can make a profit when they sell.. Just saying
£30.5 m profit on transfers on 19:46 - Sep 1 with 5401 viewsmagicdaps10

Football is expanding so quickly, its not about spending all the money we receive.

The club just keeps lying to us. We wont be making the same mistakes, we will have a big review, selling to take us to the next level.......well I am not happy about it one bit.

Cover it up boys, ignore it, defend it..........these are the type of actions that will add to the demise of our club.

£30.5 m profit on transfers on 19:47 - Sep 1 with 5390 viewsGaryjack

£30.5 m profit on transfers on 19:26 - Sep 1 by Joe_bradshaw

Until January.

Oh, i'm sure we'll be ok come January. My guess is they'll push ahead with stadium purchase/expansion and the shortcomings will come next summer when we wont have a pot to piss in, the loanees go back and we have to sell the last remaining cream of the crop so that we can bring in some new loanees and Jenkins Dynamoes.
Login to get fewer ads

£30.5 m profit on transfers on 19:58 - Sep 1 with 5360 viewsGaryjack

£30.5 m profit on transfers on 19:40 - Sep 1 by EasternJack

The utter basterds. How dare they revitalise our squad with quality signings good enough to keep us in this league and potentially challenge for Europe via a cup again. All while reduceing wages and making a net profit on sales.

Irresponsible chunts.

They now have money to invest more in developing the club, as well as building a pot for us to add some talent in January if necessary (or if we don't get a £50m windfall next season)

I think the likes of the op and magicdaps are right. They should have spent all the money they could get their hands on to satisfy us premier league plastics. I don't care about the future as I can always go back to supporting Liverpool. I want success now now now!

You think they've built a squad that could potentially qualify for Europe?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
£30.5 m profit on transfers on 20:02 - Sep 1 with 5335 viewsmagicdaps10

£30.5 m profit on transfers on 19:40 - Sep 1 by EasternJack

Irresponsible chunts.

I will tell you this now, I am no plastic and have supported the Swans since 1988. I might not have supported them as long as you but I have been when there were less than 1k in the vetch.....paid my money and seen shiite wear the shirt but I remain a Swansea fan.

I have not known it as good but be it premier league or league two I will still demand we be the best we can be.

£30.5 m profit on transfers on 20:05 - Sep 1 with 5323 viewsTheFranchise

What happened to our fans? We used to be proud of our strict control of finances, now they want us to p*ss money away we don't have.

I much prefer this way to the owners lending us money and then getting bored leaving us massively in debt.
£30.5 m profit on transfers on 20:05 - Sep 1 with 5322 viewsexiledclaseboy

I remember when we'd be proud of the fact that we refused to splash the cash willy nilly and engage in the transfer madness. That was for other clubs, we were different and we loved that. Now we want to be like those other clubs and we're damn well going to have a collective tantrum if we're not. It's not only the club that has lost its way, the fan base has too. We're now just another group of entitled premier league customers with no sense of perspective.

Poll: Tory leader

£30.5 m profit on transfers on 20:08 - Sep 1 with 5287 viewsmagicdaps10

£30.5 m profit on transfers on 20:05 - Sep 1 by exiledclaseboy

I remember when we'd be proud of the fact that we refused to splash the cash willy nilly and engage in the transfer madness. That was for other clubs, we were different and we loved that. Now we want to be like those other clubs and we're damn well going to have a collective tantrum if we're not. It's not only the club that has lost its way, the fan base has too. We're now just another group of entitled premier league customers with no sense of perspective.

Those days have gone, we are in a whole new ball game...the quicker people realise and grasp this the better.

I am no plastic and I want to stay in the premier league as long as we can. I understand our limitations but I realise when there is a chance to push on........we sold Siggy for 45m, we had a chance to make us stronger.

£30.5 m profit on transfers on 20:09 - Sep 1 with 5279 viewsstircrazyjack

Spot on Andrew. Still think another few quid could have been spent on a defender what with bartleys injury .
£30.5 m profit on transfers on 20:10 - Sep 1 with 5260 viewsGaryjack

For sure, unfortunately it goes with the territory.
£30.5 m profit on transfers on 20:17 - Sep 1 with 5212 viewsEasternJack

£30.5 m profit on transfers on 20:02 - Sep 1 by magicdaps10

I will tell you this now, I am no plastic and have supported the Swans since 1988. I might not have supported them as long as you but I have been when there were less than 1k in the vetch.....paid my money and seen shiite wear the shirt but I remain a Swansea fan.

I have not known it as good but be it premier league or league two I will still demand we be the best we can be.

Ok. Last serious post from me for a while as thinking around these polarised opinions does my nut. Unfortunately for the Res, I'll be going back to my unfunny bob monkhouse one liners.

Before I do...

It looks like you and I have supported this club for a similar length of time. The problems we have today are trivial to what we've experienced before. No owner is going to satisfy everyone all the time, but personally I feel that we are in better hands today than we've ever been.

More importantly - a new season has just started; we,re up 4 points after 2 away matches and a home game vs an impressive Utd. We today have a first team (and bench) that is arguably getting towards the level of quality we had under laudrup (our best ever modern-era squad). I'm excited and looking forward to enjoying watching football and supporting the team I love.

Whether we agree or disagree is irrelevant. If we really cared about bringing change then we would've pulled together our own investment vehicle to buy the old board shares. But none of us have done that. It's easier to impotent behind a computer screen.

£30.5 m profit on transfers on 20:18 - Sep 1 with 5216 viewsTheFranchise

£30.5 m profit on transfers on 20:08 - Sep 1 by magicdaps10

Those days have gone, we are in a whole new ball game...the quicker people realise and grasp this the better.

I am no plastic and I want to stay in the premier league as long as we can. I understand our limitations but I realise when there is a chance to push on........we sold Siggy for 45m, we had a chance to make us stronger.

We'll be close to the top 10 this season, maybe a little higher.

We don't have the funds to push for higher given the amount of money others are spending.
£30.5 m profit on transfers on 20:20 - Sep 1 with 5203 viewsDr_Winston

That's your best post since Garry Monk got appointed.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

£30.5 m profit on transfers on 20:22 - Sep 1 with 5179 viewsexiledclaseboy

£30.5 m profit on transfers on 20:20 - Sep 1 by Dr_Winston

That's your best post since Garry Monk got appointed.

And that's your best since the Hamster was outed as a charlatan. You win in the crap post longevity stakes.

Poll: Tory leader

£30.5 m profit on transfers on 20:26 - Sep 1 with 5150 viewsLeonWasGod

We should have spent £90m on 6 Borja Bastons. Just to bang home the point for those who haven't been paying attention.
£30.5 m profit on transfers on 21:40 - Sep 1 with 4938 viewsEasternJack

£30.5 m profit on transfers on 20:26 - Sep 1 by LeonWasGod

We should have spent £90m on 6 Borja Bastons. Just to bang home the point for those who haven't been paying attention.

Some people will never be happy - it's in their DNA

£30.5 m profit on transfers on 06:41 - Sep 2 with 4665 viewsValerie

£30.5 m profit on transfers on 19:47 - Sep 1 by Garyjack

Oh, i'm sure we'll be ok come January. My guess is they'll push ahead with stadium purchase/expansion and the shortcomings will come next summer when we wont have a pot to piss in, the loanees go back and we have to sell the last remaining cream of the crop so that we can bring in some new loanees and Jenkins Dynamoes.

Exactly, some on here can't see past their nose.

They seem to think we've already secured a safe mid to upperc table spot with no relegation scrap and got to the semis of the cup yet no one has seen the new players play together yet.

£30m profit on transfers and cut the wage bill by £20m and they are creaming themselves
probably the same know nothing mugs who turned a blind eye to the Trust being royally screwed over although that was done just as much from the inside.

Anyway let's see where we are in May and how we cope when the loanees go back and the £30 million profit has been siphoned off then we are told we can't buy unless we sell once again.

Interesting days lay ahead.
£30.5 m profit on transfers on 07:33 - Sep 2 with 4607 viewssomersetsimon

£30.5 m profit on transfers on 06:41 - Sep 2 by Valerie

Exactly, some on here can't see past their nose.

They seem to think we've already secured a safe mid to upperc table spot with no relegation scrap and got to the semis of the cup yet no one has seen the new players play together yet.

£30m profit on transfers and cut the wage bill by £20m and they are creaming themselves
probably the same know nothing mugs who turned a blind eye to the Trust being royally screwed over although that was done just as much from the inside.

Anyway let's see where we are in May and how we cope when the loanees go back and the £30 million profit has been siphoned off then we are told we can't buy unless we sell once again.

Interesting days lay ahead.

I've always had a more positive view of the new owners. We obviously all know that their prime motivation is to make money and of course they'll make mistakes along the way. However, the only way they can make money and make the club more valuable to a potential new buyer is for the team to be successful on the pitch.
Who would ever want to spend over £100M to buy the club off them if we look like relegation candidates (even if we do end up owning the stadium)?
£30.5 m profit on transfers on 07:46 - Sep 2 with 4552 viewsawayjack

£30.5 m profit on transfers on 19:02 - Sep 1 by Cooperman

Dimwit.

If you think the Yanks are 'bakancing our books you're the ficking dimwit pal. They are making a super profits to exit £30m on player sales, £20m in wage cuts and £20m+ from Sky. Add that up dimwit. Their only care is making a profit on exit next year. That's it. Fack me we have some gems on here. Balancing the books my cxck!
£30.5 m profit on transfers on 08:09 - Sep 2 with 4466 viewscostalotta

£30.5 m profit on transfers on 07:46 - Sep 2 by awayjack

If you think the Yanks are 'bakancing our books you're the ficking dimwit pal. They are making a super profits to exit £30m on player sales, £20m in wage cuts and £20m+ from Sky. Add that up dimwit. Their only care is making a profit on exit next year. That's it. Fack me we have some gems on here. Balancing the books my cxck!

We'd don't know that for sure yet, if at all.

The club has invested in its infrastructure (Llandore and Fairwood) whilst maintaining a premier league squad. Ok, there's been plenty of issues, bad decisions and as a result a weakening of the squad from 2/14 until 1/17.

Since then we've been putting that right. Shipping out all the deadwood and non contributors and squad. The thing is, such was the damage to the squad it was never going to sorted all in 1 or 2 windows. In all liklehood 3 or 4. If it was done in 1 or 2 windows we would have a disconnected squad with too many new players yada yada. That said, we are on the right path and our fans should see that. It's a welcome shift in direction in terms of looking after the playing squad.

However, infrastructure investment is not over. Most fans since we've been in the top flight have seen sense in the idea of expanding the stadium and ultimately gaining new fans young and old. That's long term and we should embrace that. Irrespective of whether we lease or own the stadium (lng term lease would be better) it's clearly a sustainable way forward and should be applauded IMO.

The yanks are overseeing all of the above and are making a good job of that, so quite how there much doom and gloom I don't know. Wake up, smell the coffee and continue to enjoy the ride cos it's not ending any time soon.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024