Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Montero on his way out?? 11:53 - Sep 1 with 7953 viewstheloneranger

Getafe in talks to take Montero on season long loan

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Montero on his way out?? on 12:57 - Sep 1 with 2921 viewssP7qupUf

Good. Let's not harp on about his pace, a couple of good games against Chelsea and Arsenal a long time ago and there's "a player in there that PC may be able to get something out of". Does nothing and gives the impression that he is happy to be constantly injured whilst picking up a bloody good wedge. He's more of a shirker than Ki.... and that's going some!
Montero on his way out?? on 14:36 - Sep 1 with 2769 viewsawayjack

Seems such a waste of talent due to attitude. I remember early optimism after he'd skinned Chelsea and Arsenal defenders, and stories we'd struggle to hold onto him! Been shocking ever since! Adds to our list of crap wingers and we need to shop a few more out in Jan as long as we replace with quality.
Montero on his way out?? on 15:52 - Sep 1 with 2654 viewsicecoldjack

Stupid move.

Montero is at least something different from the bench, good for last 20 mins when we need a goal, Bony is one of a very selcet group of players who can actually put power in to those slow chipped crosses Jeff seems to love!

Sending Montero on loan leaves us far too thin IMO, while he isn't first choice he does at least have pace that scares defenders and once in a while gets an assist or 2 .
Montero on his way out?? on 16:20 - Sep 1 with 2575 viewsveng9

Montero on his way out?? on 12:57 - Sep 1 by sP7qupUf

Good. Let's not harp on about his pace, a couple of good games against Chelsea and Arsenal a long time ago and there's "a player in there that PC may be able to get something out of". Does nothing and gives the impression that he is happy to be constantly injured whilst picking up a bloody good wedge. He's more of a shirker than Ki.... and that's going some!

He had 7 assists in his first season here and I bet he would've had more if Bony stayed. In fact he actually had a better assists per minute than Sigurdsson did last season. Montero isn't that player anymore but it's wrong to say he only had a couple of good games.
Montero on his way out?? on 16:25 - Sep 1 with 2542 viewsTheResurrection

Thank god for this.

Anyone saying it's stupid hasn't got the faintest fack about anything.

The guy's an embarrassment. Twice he came on for a combined amount of ten minutes last season before feigning yet another injury.

Wish we could loan out some mug posters on here.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Montero on his way out?? on 16:37 - Sep 1 with 2485 viewsYossarian

Montero on his way out?? on 15:52 - Sep 1 by icecoldjack

Stupid move.

Montero is at least something different from the bench, good for last 20 mins when we need a goal, Bony is one of a very selcet group of players who can actually put power in to those slow chipped crosses Jeff seems to love!

Sending Montero on loan leaves us far too thin IMO, while he isn't first choice he does at least have pace that scares defenders and once in a while gets an assist or 2 .

They were the only ones he's capable of. He couldn't hit a proper cross to save his life. Limited player who took the piss out of us for too long. Goodbye and thanks for feck all.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Montero on his way out?? on 16:49 - Sep 1 with 2451 viewsPrivate_Partz

Montero on his way out?? on 15:52 - Sep 1 by icecoldjack

Stupid move.

I am with you Boo Boo
Would like to see what a fully fit Montero could do under PC with Sanches pulling the strings. If a fully fit Montero exists.
We are getting pretty weak in this area. We have off loaded enough. Time to see what he can do....starting on the bench as am impact player.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Montero on his way out?? on 16:59 - Sep 1 with 2414 viewsdobjack2

Way way down the pecking order for wingers and we've got too many. Best thing for him and us if he goes on loan.
Login to get fewer ads

Montero on his way out?? on 17:08 - Sep 1 with 2372 viewsDarran

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Montero on his way out?? on 17:09 - Sep 1 with 2359 viewsmacthejack

For the best. Limited and way to injury prone.
Montero on his way out?? on 17:10 - Sep 1 with 2352 views34dfgdf54

Was never going to fit in with the system Clement wants to play. Good move for him.
Montero on his way out?? on 17:10 - Sep 1 with 2348 viewsPrivate_Partz

Montero on his way out?? on 16:59 - Sep 1 by dobjack2

Way way down the pecking order for wingers and we've got too many. Best thing for him and us if he goes on loan.

Nairsingh has to be top of pile but Routs and Dyer? Routs rarely does out and out wing play nowadays and Dyer has hardly played since injury. For me Montero is top of the pile in a 1 to 1 situation.
Under normal circumstances a loan may be a good idea as we can see if he can have an injury free run. We do not have that luxury at the moment Too thin on the ground.

Edit. Just saw above. Shame. Another money saving exercise for me....
[Post edited 1 Sep 2017 17:11]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Montero on his way out?? on 17:10 - Sep 1 with 2344 viewsmagicdaps10

Down the pecking order but we are down on numbers.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Montero on his way out?? on 17:13 - Sep 1 with 2320 viewsKennedy

Season long loan, is he not out of contract next year anyway?

Just call me JFK

Montero on his way out?? on 17:15 - Sep 1 with 2312 viewsDarran

Montero on his way out?? on 17:13 - Sep 1 by Kennedy

Hope so.

Montero on his way out?? on 17:19 - Sep 1 with 2290 viewsPrivate_Partz

Montero on his way out?? on 17:15 - Sep 1 by Darran

Hope so.

Hope not. If we wanted rid we should have transfer listed him. At least recoup some of the funds.

Montero on his way out?? on 17:20 - Sep 1 with 2279 viewsKennedy

Yep, so why not just either release him or sell him

On 24 July 2014, Montero signed for Premier League team Swansea City on a four-year deal for an undisclosed fee.[10] He made his competitive debut on 16 August in the opening game of the season at Old Trafford, replacing Nathan Dyer after 67 minutes of an eventual 2—1 win over Manchester United.[11]

Just call me JFK

Montero on his way out?? on 17:21 - Sep 1 with 2275 viewsAngelRangelQS

1. He's sh*t
2. He's a pr*ck
3. He's always injured.

Cheerio Montero - I hope you never come back.
Montero on his way out?? on 17:21 - Sep 1 with 2273 viewsEasternJack

Ok - so we're definitely not playing wingers this season.

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Montero on his way out?? on 17:21 - Sep 1 with 2265 viewsDarran

Montero on his way out?? on 17:19 - Sep 1 by Private_Partz

Hope not. If we wanted rid we should have transfer listed him. At least recoup some of the funds.

We won't get a lot for him and we are minted anyway.

Montero on his way out?? on 17:25 - Sep 1 with 2251 viewsicecoldjack

Montero on his way out?? on 17:10 - Sep 1 by 34dfgdf54

Was never going to fit in with the system Clement wants to play. Good move for him.

Well , looks like Clement is going with 3 centre backs this season as his preferred way of playing. Good luck to Jeff, lets hope he stays injury free and gives us some kind of return in the form of a sale or personal development.
Montero on his way out?? on 17:26 - Sep 1 with 2248 viewsjacabertawe

Montero on his way out?? on 17:20 - Sep 1 by Kennedy

Yep, so why not just either release him or sell him

On 24 July 2014, Montero signed for Premier League team Swansea City on a four-year deal for an undisclosed fee.[10] He made his competitive debut on 16 August in the opening game of the season at Old Trafford, replacing Nathan Dyer after 67 minutes of an eventual 2—1 win over Manchester United.[11]

Contract until 2020 it says here

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/montero-moves-getafe-loan

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Montero on his way out?? on 17:35 - Sep 1 with 2227 viewsLandore_Jack

Montero on his way out?? on 17:13 - Sep 1 by Kennedy

Contract runs until the summer of 2020.

#backtojack

Montero on his way out?? on 17:42 - Sep 1 with 2206 viewsWingstandwood

Good ridance (albeit temporary) to complete and utter rubbish, waste of wages, waste of time, waste of patience. Please f@ck off forever you complete and utter parasite!

Argus!

Montero on his way out?? on 17:48 - Sep 1 with 2182 viewsmax936

Montero on his way out?? on 17:26 - Sep 1 by jacabertawe

Contract until 2020 it says here

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/montero-moves-getafe-loan

Hope there's an option for them to buy him, we might get £2.50 for him.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024