Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : March day thread 11:04 - Feb 27 with 11915 viewsModeratorC

Hopefully exhausted after their valiant attempts in midweek v Newcastle United in the FA Cup, losing in penalties. This Saturday we host Blackburn Rovers at the Swansea.Com.

Swansea City : Let’s get a goalscorer on and stop the messing about 1st Mar 2024 08:00
We can see the Swans starting as slight favourites tomorrow, which is surprising as Luke Williams in in his third month without a home league win. In fact his record is pretty poor since starting at the Swans. 0

Swansea City : Rushworth nonsense, don’t make it hard for yourself Luke 1st Mar 2024 17:11
Luke Williams reported some ‘happy’ news as the Swans prepare for the visit of Blackburn Rovers tomorrow afternoon at the Swansea.Com (KO 3pm) 0

The Swans do it again in a mirror image of last week 3rd Mar 2024 08:00
If you could have picked up last weeks away game at Sunderland and planted it at the Swansea.Com Stadium yesterday afternoon there would be little to say they were not the same game. 0

This post has been edited by an administrator
Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : March day thread on 19:04 - Mar 2 with 1550 viewsangryjack

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : March day thread on 18:50 - Mar 2 by max936

Don't know what's going on with Mykola, a good friend of mine tells me that he's nowhere near ready, to raw at moment, there maybe others issues, but I really don't know.

Two successive managers haven't picked him though so they can't all be wrong, surely?

2 managers didn't pick whitacker either,so ye 2 cab be wrong
Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : March day thread on 19:20 - Mar 2 with 1484 viewsmax936

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : March day thread on 19:04 - Mar 2 by angryjack

2 managers didn't pick whitacker either,so ye 2 cab be wrong

Seems like you got then answers then Mr Angry, I've just posted on what I've been told by a person I know and trust and who as watched him play for the academy, so crack on and give me your opinion.
[Post edited 2 Mar 20:54]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : March day thread on 19:38 - Mar 2 with 1431 viewsangryjack

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : March day thread on 19:20 - Mar 2 by max936

Seems like you got then answers then Mr Angry, I've just posted on what I've been told by a person I know and trust and who as watched him play for the academy, so crack on and give me your opinion.
[Post edited 2 Mar 20:54]

Can't be as bad as yates..and little I seen of him he offers more than yates and cullen..needs a run..
Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : March day thread on 19:43 - Mar 2 with 1415 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : March day thread on 19:38 - Mar 2 by angryjack

Can't be as bad as yates..and little I seen of him he offers more than yates and cullen..needs a run..

We would be better off with ten men.
He is truly a liability

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : March day thread on 19:48 - Mar 2 with 1400 viewsangryjack

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : March day thread on 19:43 - Mar 2 by onehunglow

We would be better off with ten men.
He is truly a liability

Agree..even the goal he scored other week at home,he sh@t out of it and somehow it hit him and went in..he is truly useless.
Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : March day thread on 19:53 - Mar 2 with 1370 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : March day thread on 19:48 - Mar 2 by angryjack

Agree..even the goal he scored other week at home,he sh@t out of it and somehow it hit him and went in..he is truly useless.

Few players are dangerous to their own team.jerry is sadly.
He really should never replace anyone 8nless they are injured
Cullen was ineffective but not a liability

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : March day thread on 20:31 - Mar 2 with 1299 viewsTreforys_Jack

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : March day thread on 19:48 - Mar 2 by angryjack

If he'd been a yard further out he'd have missed. His confidence is shot to pieces.
Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : March day thread on 20:36 - Mar 2 with 1287 viewsBryanSwan

We really are looking a much stronger outfit now.
Is it too soon to be quietly optimistic about next season? Maybe should be getting too far ahead.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : March day thread on 20:53 - Mar 2 with 1252 viewsTreforys_Jack

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : March day thread on 20:36 - Mar 2 by BryanSwan

Is it too soon to be quietly optimistic about next season? Maybe should be getting too far ahead.

It's shaping up but it will depend on the Summer recruitment's. Still far too many mistakes, Cabango puts the shits up me all game. Big shout out to Nauts today.
Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : March day thread on 20:55 - Mar 2 with 1248 viewsmax936

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : March day thread on 20:36 - Mar 2 by BryanSwan

We were awful 2nd half!

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : March day thread on 21:03 - Mar 2 with 1213 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : March day thread on 20:53 - Mar 2 by Treforys_Jack

It's shaping up but it will depend on the Summer recruitment's. Still far too many mistakes, Cabango puts the shits up me all game. Big shout out to Nauts today.

Thought Cabango did better than usual.

We definitely need Darling in the back line. Easily our best CB for me. However, it doesn't matter who we pick as long as we keep maintaining the high defensive line that we do. Blackburn had more than enough openings to force a draw today. A better team with quicker forwards would have cut us to ribbons.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : March day thread on 21:10 - Mar 2 with 1206 viewsBryanSwan

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : March day thread on 20:55 - Mar 2 by max936

We were awful 2nd half!

Maybe so, but there have certainly been many more positives recently. We are actually creating chances and scoring goals.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : March day thread on 21:17 - Mar 2 with 1177 viewsunion_jack

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : March day thread on 21:03 - Mar 2 by Dr_Winston

We definitely need Darling in the back line. Easily our best CB for me. However, it doesn't matter who we pick as long as we keep maintaining the high defensive line that we do. Blackburn had more than enough openings to force a draw today. A better team with quicker forwards would have cut us to ribbons.

And they have done e.g. Leeds

The high line worries me. Defending by attacking is all well and good if you can keep the concentration and fitness levels for 90+ minutes.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : March day thread on 21:25 - Mar 2 with 1128 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : March day thread on 21:17 - Mar 2 by union_jack

And they have done e.g. Leeds

The high line worries me. Defending by attacking is all well and good if you can keep the concentration and fitness levels for 90+ minutes.

I don't want to be sat here in 12/18 months time looking for another new manager because Williams has made the same mistake as Martin and not compromised on obviously flawed strategy. I want him to learn.

Despite several drubbings as a direct result of his defensive decisions he has not yet done so. That concerns me.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : March day thread on 22:06 - Mar 2 with 1061 viewsmax936

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : March day thread on 19:53 - Mar 2 by onehunglow

Few players are dangerous to their own team.jerry is sadly.
He really should never replace anyone 8nless they are injured
Cullen was ineffective but not a liability

Could be worse Liverpool paid 45 million for Gakpo and he's shocking, I'm watching game of the day and the chances he's had and fluffed up is incredible and this is a regular occurrence.

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : March day thread on 22:12 - Mar 2 with 1042 viewsKilkennyjack

3 Points is everything.

Great result.

Beware of the Risen People

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : March day thread on 22:22 - Mar 2 with 1028 viewsTreforys_Jack

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : March day thread on 22:12 - Mar 2 by Kilkennyjack

3 Points is everything.

Great result.

Agreed, Especially in our situation at this time of the season
Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : March day thread on 22:55 - Mar 2 with 969 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : March day thread on 22:06 - Mar 2 by max936

Could be worse Liverpool paid 45 million for Gakpo and he's shocking, I'm watching game of the day and the chances he's had and fluffed up is incredible and this is a regular occurrence.

Who gives a fcuk about LFC
They can afford flips up

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : March day thread on 06:21 - Mar 3 with 780 viewsangryjack

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : March day thread on 22:06 - Mar 2 by max936

Nothings worse than yates,I would say he's the worst centre forward I have seen playing for this club,he cannot do anything,and I've seen some bad ones Stewart Phillips,Christian maclean to name 2,but this fella takes the biscuit..
Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : March day thread on 09:00 - Mar 3 with 683 viewsoldtownjack

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : March day thread on 06:21 - Mar 3 by angryjack

Nothings worse than yates,I would say he's the worst centre forward I have seen playing for this club,he cannot do anything,and I've seen some bad ones Stewart Phillips,Christian maclean to name 2,but this fella takes the biscuit..

Aidan Newhouse surely takes the biscuit. Genuinely could not understand how he was a professional footballer.

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : March day thread on 09:30 - Mar 3 with 645 viewsRichardO

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : March day thread on 21:03 - Mar 2 by Dr_Winston

My worries about Darling is he gets out muscled at times and also while trying to out muscle shorter forwards forgets that he has an height advantage and didn't attack it in the air as per Martin's need to over play at the back wanting his players to block the opposition player to mop up possession but left us exposed to pace as our back line didn't fit together properly.
We needed Centerback in the defence and in Martin's second season we got them but it was about getting the combination right, it never worked with the three especially
as Cabango and Darling weren't comfortable on the left of the three and often got in each others way at set pieces going for the same ball, similarly getting ripped to pieces . Martin eventually settled on four at the back with Wood and Cabango the central pairing and went on a good run.
Did we struggled at the start of this season because we had four centrehalves and we we trying to accommodate them all, it would seem as if Williams was looking to still use three at the back hence letting so many left backs go but now looks as if he sees four at the back works but has left us short on the left.
He has players coming back to fitness and is using their experience instead of loanees who have been prone to mistakes as you would expect.
If Key and Lowe are coming back into fitness then the second half substitutions may not weaken us so much but having said that yesterday's poor second half preformance was down to the changes that Blackburn made, they had better movement which we didn't cope well even before our substitutions and yet we should have put the game to bed with a break away as they over committed and we held fast to keep the three points
Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : March day thread on 09:38 - Mar 3 with 625 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : March day thread on 09:00 - Mar 3 by oldtownjack

Aidan Newhouse surely takes the biscuit. Genuinely could not understand how he was a professional footballer.

But he cost us peanuts

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : March day thread on 09:39 - Mar 3 with 625 viewsKeithHaynes

The Swans do it again in a mirror image of last week 3rd Mar 2024 08:00
If you could have picked up last weeks away game at Sunderland and planted it at the Swansea.Com Stadium yesterday afternoon there would be little to say they were not the same game. 0

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : March day thread on 09:47 - Mar 3 with 618 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : March day thread on 09:30 - Mar 3 by RichardO

My worries about Darling is he gets out muscled at times and also while trying to out muscle shorter forwards forgets that he has an height advantage and didn't attack it in the air as per Martin's need to over play at the back wanting his players to block the opposition player to mop up possession but left us exposed to pace as our back line didn't fit together properly.
We needed Centerback in the defence and in Martin's second season we got them but it was about getting the combination right, it never worked with the three especially
as Cabango and Darling weren't comfortable on the left of the three and often got in each others way at set pieces going for the same ball, similarly getting ripped to pieces . Martin eventually settled on four at the back with Wood and Cabango the central pairing and went on a good run.
Did we struggled at the start of this season because we had four centrehalves and we we trying to accommodate them all, it would seem as if Williams was looking to still use three at the back hence letting so many left backs go but now looks as if he sees four at the back works but has left us short on the left.
He has players coming back to fitness and is using their experience instead of loanees who have been prone to mistakes as you would expect.
If Key and Lowe are coming back into fitness then the second half substitutions may not weaken us so much but having said that yesterday's poor second half preformance was down to the changes that Blackburn made, they had better movement which we didn't cope well even before our substitutions and yet we should have put the game to bed with a break away as they over committed and we held fast to keep the three points

Personally I think the intensity we played the first half of the last two matches can't be maintained. This is where the substitutions are vital to maintain the momentum. I wouldn't being against making one or two at halftime to come out flying, instead of making changes 15 minutes later, our bench is strong enough now. Any plans the opposition made at halftime could well be nulled.
Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : March day thread on 10:03 - Mar 3 with 609 viewsRichardO

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : March day thread on 09:47 - Mar 3 by Whiterockin

Personally I think the intensity we played the first half of the last two matches can't be maintained. This is where the substitutions are vital to maintain the momentum. I wouldn't being against making one or two at halftime to come out flying, instead of making changes 15 minutes later, our bench is strong enough now. Any plans the opposition made at halftime could well be nulled.

The bench may look stronger but would you risk some of the players coming back after lengthy injuries with a full 45 minutes?
Midweek game changes to starting line up? Don't really want to see them but wonder what the mindset of the manager will be, keep it tight as the home team tries to attack catching them on the break but not playing both winger only one and then swap them half time?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024