Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Summer holiday activities in Turkiye and similar 12:13 - May 26 with 529 viewsReslovenSwan1

Some advice for UK holidays.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/turkey-warning-foreign-office-changes-102349241.html

A big no no is RAFTING especially with children.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Summer holiday activities in Turkiye and similar on 12:20 - May 26 with 512 viewsSullutaCreturned

I've been to Olu Deniz, we stayed there and went SCUBA diving out of Fethiye. It was a brilliant trip, a lovely place and the weather was superb.

Someone died while we were there, they went parachuting off a nearby mountain. It was more or less base jumping, jumping off a man made ramp. This fella went out over the sea and the change in air pressure caused his parachute to collapse, he fell from a long way and even hitting water from that height is like a brick wall.

Dont go ona noat rid to Turtle lake tho, there were no turtles there 25 years ago. As for the rest, blooming good advice.
Summer holiday activities in Turkiye and similar on 12:20 - May 26 with 512 viewsonehunglow

I often hire a quad bike whilst on holiday but no more
I've seen this advice regarding other countries and my instance with nationwide wouldn't cover it
It's a small price to pay
Being a biker at heart , it's tough to see others enjoying two wheels but at 74 I have to be sensible
It does however turn my stomach to see those on a bike helmet free
Brains spill easily

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Summer holiday activities in Turkiye and similar on 12:30 - May 26 with 498 viewsSullutaCreturned

Summer holiday activities in Turkiye and similar on 12:20 - May 26 by onehunglow

I've seen this advice regarding other countries and my instance with nationwide wouldn't cover it
Being a biker at heart , it's tough to see others enjoying two wheels but at 74 I have to be sensible
Brains spill easily

If they have them to spill!
Summer holiday activities in Turkiye and similar on 12:32 - May 26 with 491 viewscontroversial_jack

Summer holiday activities in Turkiye and similar on 12:20 - May 26 by onehunglow

Brains spill easily

I remember taking my daughter on the Banana inflatable in Turkey, i had to insist on her getting a life jacket.Good thing i did too, as it was quite a fast violent trip and they dumped us off in deep water. Never again
Summer holiday activities in Turkiye and similar on 13:08 - May 26 with 474 viewsonehunglow

Summer holiday activities in Turkiye and similar on 12:32 - May 26 by controversial_jack

I remember taking my daughter on the Banana inflatable in Turkey, i had to insist on her getting a life jacket.Good thing i did too, as it was quite a fast violent trip and they dumped us off in deep water. Never again

I’ve seen them and thought the same
We agree !
I’m off for a lie down

Summer holiday activities in Turkiye and similar on 21:07 - May 26 with 382 viewsmajorraglan

The daughter of I guy I used to work with went back packing around Thailand and was involved in a crash whilst a pillion passenger on a moped, she sustained nasty injuries and a 5 figure medical bill - the insurance company refused to pay up.

You’ve got to read the small print in any policies.
Summer holiday activities in Turkiye and similar on 22:52 - May 26 with 334 viewsonehunglow

Summer holiday activities in Turkiye and similar on 21:07 - May 26 by majorraglan

The daughter of I guy I used to work with went back packing around Thailand and was involved in a crash whilst a pillion passenger on a moped, she sustained nasty injuries and a 5 figure medical bill - the insurance company refused to pay up.

You’ve got to read the small print in any policies.

Very very good advice
Two wheels in the far east ?
No chance

Summer holiday activities in Turkiye and similar on 19:30 - May 28 with 183 viewshowenjack

I remember on Zante a few years ago now a young Greek woman - no more than 25 I would say , was on a moped no crash helmet , one hand on the handlebars , hair and clothes billowing in the breeze as she scooted along and a baby underneath the other arm.
Login to get fewer ads

Summer holiday activities in Turkiye and similar on 20:03 - May 28 with 163 viewsonehunglow

Summer holiday activities in Turkiye and similar on 19:30 - May 28 by howenjack

I remember on Zante a few years ago now a young Greek woman - no more than 25 I would say , was on a moped no crash helmet , one hand on the handlebars , hair and clothes billowing in the breeze as she scooted along and a baby underneath the other arm.

It’s like three up on a moped
Bluddy foreigners

Summer holiday activities in Turkiye and similar on 12:36 - May 29 with 88 viewshowenjack

Summer holiday activities in Turkiye and similar on 20:03 - May 28 by onehunglow

It’s like three up on a moped
Bluddy foreigners

What made it worse was the road surface like many in Greece was littered with small potholes . 500 years ago Caravaggio might have depicted her in one of his paintings . It was all there - the sunlight and shade the tightly wrapped shawl with the infant entwined , the wild hair framing her natural beauty the simple dress and ordinary well worn shoes .
Summer holiday activities in Turkiye and similar on 12:58 - May 29 with 84 viewsonehunglow

Summer holiday activities in Turkiye and similar on 12:36 - May 29 by howenjack

What made it worse was the road surface like many in Greece was littered with small potholes . 500 years ago Caravaggio might have depicted her in one of his paintings . It was all there - the sunlight and shade the tightly wrapped shawl with the infant entwined , the wild hair framing her natural beauty the simple dress and ordinary well worn shoes .

Caravaggio!
You’re wasted on here

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024