Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Welsh National Opera 10:35 - May 12 with 1398 viewsSullutaCreturned

They are making a fuss, demanding more moeny form the Senedd and one of them, a Soprano, is on Welsh politics this morning saying Westminster should agree an emergency funding package to safeguard jobs, seriously...WTF?

They can't safeguard TATA jobs, they can't safeguard the NHS, schools, police or social care and rhe Opera demand more money from government.

I say they can go forth and multiply. There are far more important things than jobs for a few hundred people that only a few thousand go to watch.
Welsh National O on 20:17 - May 13 with 372 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Welsh National O on 17:41 - May 13 by onehunglow

I like Opera
It is/ was written for “ordinary people” and much deals with life tragedy death love lust betrayal perfidy
All human life is there

Just like Shakespeare, it all gets hijacked by the snobs and the pseudo intellectuals.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Welsh National O on 20:36 - May 13 with 358 viewsonehunglow

Welsh National O on 20:01 - May 13 by Whiterockin

They are up in Llandudno in October with Rigoletto, and a pre performance talk if you are interested.

Thanks.
I might check that out.
That’s a nice venue too

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Welsh National Opera on 21:26 - May 13 with 321 viewsLuther27

If people wish to go and pay then it’s not an issue. It’s when the outraged luvvies turn out with a begging bowl I have issues with.
I wonder how many of them PAYE? More than likely they are probably members of the tax avoidance culture that appears to be the norm with their ilk.
Welsh National Opera on 23:38 - May 13 with 283 viewsmax936

Welsh National Opera on 21:26 - May 13 by Luther27

If people wish to go and pay then it’s not an issue. It’s when the outraged luvvies turn out with a begging bowl I have issues with.
I wonder how many of them PAYE? More than likely they are probably members of the tax avoidance culture that appears to be the norm with their ilk.

Top post!

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Welsh National Opera on 02:18 - May 14 with 266 viewsRobbie

Had some freebie tickets some years back to see The Mikado performed at St Davids Hall .

Total so whatever attitude followed , no big deal if it is rubbish , give a look .

Somehow I enjoyed it , cast were great , played their parts on stage as per script .

Will support my local Theatre more Pontardawe Arts Centre , struggling now because of Council cuts to local funding issues ,

So maybe said money for Cardiff bases WNO would be better spent on local venues .

Did not attend the show myself , Lindisfane were there last weekend , seems a good event was appreciated by the the community , more effort required please WAG .
Welsh National Opera on 06:02 - May 14 with 249 viewsWhiterockin

Welsh National Opera on 02:18 - May 14 by Robbie

Had some freebie tickets some years back to see The Mikado performed at St Davids Hall .

Total so whatever attitude followed , no big deal if it is rubbish , give a look .

Somehow I enjoyed it , cast were great , played their parts on stage as per script .

Will support my local Theatre more Pontardawe Arts Centre , struggling now because of Council cuts to local funding issues ,

So maybe said money for Cardiff bases WNO would be better spent on local venues .

Did not attend the show myself , Lindisfane were there last weekend , seems a good event was appreciated by the the community , more effort required please WAG .

I firmly believe in supporting live music venues and would definitely have gone to see Lindisfane if I had known. Would it be practical for locals to post up and coming events on the music section of the site. Us City types rarely get to know about events "out of town" unless its in Cardiff.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Welsh National Opera on 11:36 - May 14 with 205 viewsonehunglow

Welsh National Opera on 06:02 - May 14 by Whiterockin

I firmly believe in supporting live music venues and would definitely have gone to see Lindisfane if I had known. Would it be practical for locals to post up and coming events on the music section of the site. Us City types rarely get to know about events "out of town" unless its in Cardiff.

Absolutely.
It’s difficult to make money in music for many
Live venues are what it’s about and the place to see performers.
Sadly ,we are in the Eventing era
Pips and Tarquinius glam ping with the plebs ,waving a flag,ankle deep in oiss and shyte and mud

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Welsh National Opera on 18:20 - May 15 with 132 viewsReslovenSwan1

Welsh National Opera on 15:19 - May 13 by SullutaCreturned

So athletes are freeloaders but opera loving rich people demanding public money are just fine?
If rich people want opera then pay more for it.

Swansea city makes losses but they don't ask the Senedd for money.

The IOC is not supported by UK lottery money. UK athletes are.

We are massively wealthy eh, then why can't we afford anything?

UK people are fabulously wealthy. Why can we not afford
anything? . The reason is that wealth is tied up in property. Look out of your bedroom window. Every house you see is worth £150,000 or more. Someday owns it.

The IOC are the freeloaders. Making money of facilities built by the taxpayer. West Ham and Manchester city have modern stadiums built by the taxpayer. Manchester United have to re build their own.

The UK government underwrote the 2012 Olympic waste fest which was the most crooked games in history. An orgy of flag waving and nationalism.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Login to get fewer ads

Welsh National Opera on 20:06 - May 15 with 100 viewsSullutaCreturned

Welsh National Opera on 18:20 - May 15 by ReslovenSwan1

UK people are fabulously wealthy. Why can we not afford
anything? . The reason is that wealth is tied up in property. Look out of your bedroom window. Every house you see is worth £150,000 or more. Someday owns it.

The IOC are the freeloaders. Making money of facilities built by the taxpayer. West Ham and Manchester city have modern stadiums built by the taxpayer. Manchester United have to re build their own.

The UK government underwrote the 2012 Olympic waste fest which was the most crooked games in history. An orgy of flag waving and nationalism.

Most houses are mortgaged and we pay a heavy price for owning our own homes. It's largely why most of us aren't wealthier, because we pay a large chunk of money for a mortgage loan and in my opinion, mortgages are a rip off. What choice do we have though?

I'm against the Olympics as it goes, just like I disagree ith the world cups because the organisers make a fortune out of national loyalty an they often make a fortune for themselves..Sepp Blatter anyone? At least the new football/soccer grounds get used though. Many Ilympic facilities become white elephants, under used, going to waste or in the cae of one, hive off cheap to West Ham.

Football at every pro level has been corrupted by greed.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024