Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mel Nurse & Stu McDonald 10:11 - May 2 with 1830 viewsQJumpingJack

Congratulations to both gentlemen on their awards last night.
Very much deserved.

And if I were Jake, Jase, Ken and Andy - I would probably find some time to speak to these gentlemen. They may learn a thing or two.
Mel Nurse & Stu McDonald on 11:56 - May 6 with 361 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swans fans do not seem to recognise the fact that big powerful strikers with the necessary skills are rare. So rare in fact the Cullen is the best the club has produced in twenty five years. Cooper knew his potential but was working for Cooper not SCFC. A player worth a packet 18 month down the road was no use to Steve. Surridge another who SCFC could have bought and developed.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Mel Nurse & Stu McDonald on 16:34 - May 6 with 264 viewstheloneranger

Mel Nurse & Stu McDonald on 11:56 - May 6 by ReslovenSwan1

Swans fans do not seem to recognise the fact that big powerful strikers with the necessary skills are rare. So rare in fact the Cullen is the best the club has produced in twenty five years. Cooper knew his potential but was working for Cooper not SCFC. A player worth a packet 18 month down the road was no use to Steve. Surridge another who SCFC could have bought and developed.

So you recognised his future potential, but Brighton didn't??

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Mel Nurse & Stu McDonald on 17:59 - May 6 with 227 viewsReslovenSwan1

Mel Nurse & Stu McDonald on 16:34 - May 6 by theloneranger

So you recognised his future potential, but Brighton didn't??

Who was the last local 6ft centre forward produced by Swansea? Fans laid into Sam Sturridge but he was head and shoulders above any local no 9 produced by the club. Iwan Morgan was the man but the club let him go.

I wanted the club to play VG and sign him as he has all the tools that "the best that Swansea can produce" (Liam Cullen) does not. He was cleary strong on the ball and can compete in the air and bury chances. "Culls" cannot do this. Gyorkeres was also a strong runner.

Steve Cooper stated "there is a good player in there" but made no effort to sign him or develop him. Cooper was passing through. Mark Robbins was not passing through and paid the money Brighton wanted. Swansea made the same mistake with Kristian Fletcher.

These players are very rare especially in this part of the world.

I am unlikely to want to watch a solid Championship team with a league 2 centre forward leading the line. Swansea have ignored potential elite talent and developed mediocrity.

If I was Coleman I would be wanting answers from the academy. Even now with Cadogan or Congreve leading the line neither can head the ball or are particularly strong. Both are converted midfielder.

Mel Nurse & Stu McDonald on 19:15 - May 6 with 204 viewsQJumpingJack

Mel Nurse & Stu McDonald on 17:59 - May 6 by ReslovenSwan1

Who was the last local 6ft centre forward produced by Swansea? Fans laid into Sam Sturridge but he was head and shoulders above any local no 9 produced by the club. Iwan Morgan was the man but the club let him go.

I wanted the club to play VG and sign him as he has all the tools that "the best that Swansea can produce" (Liam Cullen) does not. He was cleary strong on the ball and can compete in the air and bury chances. "Culls" cannot do this. Gyorkeres was also a strong runner.

Steve Cooper stated "there is a good player in there" but made no effort to sign him or develop him. Cooper was passing through. Mark Robbins was not passing through and paid the money Brighton wanted. Swansea made the same mistake with Kristian Fletcher.

These players are very rare especially in this part of the world.

I am unlikely to want to watch a solid Championship team with a league 2 centre forward leading the line. Swansea have ignored potential elite talent and developed mediocrity.

If I was Coleman I would be wanting answers from the academy. Even now with Cadogan or Congreve leading the line neither can head the ball or are particularly strong. Both are converted midfielder.

maybe it was the executive and recruitment team decided against Gyokeres.
Maybe it wasn't Steve.

Reading comments from Cooper in January 2021 it sounds he was frustrated that the club did the loan deal "late in the day".

This backs up Watsons claim that there was no process in place at the club around recruitment which begs the question why did the Swans board allowed this to occur for such a long time? Watson was clearly pointing the finger at the owners at the fans forum the other month.
[Post edited 6 May 19:20]
Mel Nurse & Stu McDonald on 19:53 - May 6 with 172 viewsReslovenSwan1

Mel Nurse & Stu McDonald on 19:15 - May 6 by QJumpingJack

maybe it was the executive and recruitment team decided against Gyokeres.
Maybe it wasn't Steve.

Reading comments from Cooper in January 2021 it sounds he was frustrated that the club did the loan deal "late in the day".

This backs up Watsons claim that there was no process in place at the club around recruitment which begs the question why did the Swans board allowed this to occur for such a long time? Watson was clearly pointing the finger at the owners at the fans forum the other month.
[Post edited 6 May 19:20]

Scott came and said the same thing He then stated he had set up a new system using all the modern jiggery pokkery. Funny that. Did he take it all with him? Scott / Cooper knew centre forward and brought in three real good ones. Sturridge, Gyorkeres and Piroe.

Watson Duff brought in Yates and Kukharevych and prefered Cullen who is not very good.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024