Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Russell Martin to Brighton? 11:32 - Apr 9 with 1946 viewsQJumpingJack

Just speculation at this stage but could RM be moving to his fourth club in five years? He has form.

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/24239887.report-claims-brighton-held-talks-sou
Russell Martin to Brighton? on 11:39 - Apr 9 with 1522 viewsBoundy

Not sure why , he's not really achieved a lot but reputation before substance it seems to be the way forward

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Russell Martin to Brighton? on 12:04 - Apr 9 with 1478 viewsDr_Winston

Russell Martin to Brighton? on 11:39 - Apr 9 by Boundy

Not sure why , he's not really achieved a lot but reputation before substance it seems to be the way forward

It's worked for Martinez.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Russell Martin to Brighton? on 12:33 - Apr 9 with 1451 viewsJumpingJackFlash

They would do far better if they went for Potter.
Russell Martin to Brighton? on 12:53 - Apr 9 with 1420 viewsKeithHaynes

Russell Martin to Brighton? on 12:33 - Apr 9 by JumpingJackFlash

They would do far better if they went for Potter.

Or Rodgers.

Looking at the recent history of Cardiff manager, it’s odd I don’t see anyone worthy.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Russell Martin to Brighton? on 13:23 - Apr 9 with 1386 viewsWhiterockin

Would this have any relevance in our compensation claim.
Russell Martin to Brighton? on 13:25 - Apr 9 with 1380 viewsBoundy

Russell Martin to Brighton? on 12:04 - Apr 9 by Dr_Winston

Martinez was fresh of breath air at the time , Martin is one of many playing "his way"

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Russell Martin to Brighton? on 13:37 - Apr 9 with 1355 viewsonehunglow

Russell Martin to Brighton? on 11:39 - Apr 9 by Boundy

He’s very clever but he will be found short.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Russell Martin to Brighton? on 14:34 - Apr 9 with 1305 viewsReslovenSwan1

Russell Martin to Brighton? on 13:37 - Apr 9 by onehunglow

He’s very clever but he will be found short.

His primary aim was to get top two. He has predictably failed that. Ipswich with less resources has out performed SFC. Now he is faced with a likely shootout v Leeds or Leicester if IFC continue to impress. If he fails he starts with 0 points alongside side Luke and the boys. He does not seem to have left a great legacy at Swansea playing wise and there is still the compo issue.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Login to get fewer ads

Russell Martin to Brighton? on 14:36 - Apr 9 with 1296 viewsonehunglow

Russell Martin to Brighton? on 14:34 - Apr 9 by ReslovenSwan1

His primary aim was to get top two. He has predictably failed that. Ipswich with less resources has out performed SFC. Now he is faced with a likely shootout v Leeds or Leicester if IFC continue to impress. If he fails he starts with 0 points alongside side Luke and the boys. He does not seem to have left a great legacy at Swansea playing wise and there is still the compo issue.

He has left a legacy but not the right one

Russell Martin to Brighton? on 14:36 - Apr 9 with 1294 viewsunion_jack

Russell Martin to Brighton? on 14:34 - Apr 9 by ReslovenSwan1

That statement makes many assumptions, one glowing one!!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Russell Martin to Brighton? on 14:44 - Apr 9 with 1288 viewsRichardO

Does seem to start poorerly falls into a better system because of injury to players but reverts back to the way he thinks the way the game should be played, Luke doing the same?
Russell Martin to Brighton? on 15:09 - Apr 9 with 1249 viewsDr_Winston

Russell Martin to Brighton? on 13:25 - Apr 9 by Boundy

Martinez was fresh of breath air at the time , Martin is one of many playing "his way"

Martin's way is not Martinez's way. Martinez's way was a lot more fun to watch, albeit also defensively naive for far too much of the time.

Martin's way more closely resembles early Rodgers with it's emphasis on possession above all. A lot of the Rodgers games were often dull to watch too, although we improved markedly for entertainment once he moved Dobbie and then in the second season Sigurdsson into the attacking midfield role.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Russell Martin to Brighton? on 15:53 - Apr 9 with 1201 viewspencoedjack

Russell Martin to Brighton? on 15:09 - Apr 9 by Dr_Winston

Martin's way is not Martinez's way. Martinez's way was a lot more fun to watch, albeit also defensively naive for far too much of the time.

Martin's way more closely resembles early Rodgers with it's emphasis on possession above all. A lot of the Rodgers games were often dull to watch too, although we improved markedly for entertainment once he moved Dobbie and then in the second season Sigurdsson into the attacking midfield role.

As I get older my memory sometimes fails me but I can never remember Rodgers football being as Martin's.

My least favorite manager in many years of following the Swans.
Russell Martin to Brighton? on 15:56 - Apr 9 with 1186 viewsWhiterockin

Russell Martin to Brighton? on 15:53 - Apr 9 by pencoedjack

As I get older my memory sometimes fails me but I can never remember Rodgers football being as Martin's.

My least favourite 3 in order.

Bradley
Souza
Flynn
[Post edited 9 Apr 15:57]
Russell Martin to Brighton? on 15:57 - Apr 9 with 1175 viewsDr_Winston

Russell Martin to Brighton? on 15:53 - Apr 9 by pencoedjack

We could often be a bit boring to watch, especially when Brendan plumped for a Britton/Gower/Orlandi midfield. Leon was great but he couldn't carry two other players as well.

Plus it was all about having the ball. Do remember quotes about the team with most possession would generally end up winning, which is very Russy.

Overall it was better than Martinball for sure, but there was similar DNA there IMO.

Russell Martin to Brighton? on 16:00 - Apr 9 with 1155 viewsDr_Winston

Russell Martin to Brighton? on 15:56 - Apr 9 by Whiterockin

Bradley
Souza
Flynn

Bradley was just hopelessly out of his depth. He shouldn't have been there. I can't hate him for it. Sousa I've always had a sneaking admiration for. The football was dull as hell, but he steadied the ship after Martinez left and wound Jenkins up regularly so he gets a pass from me.

Certainly agree on Flynn. Lazy, useless prat that he was. Him, Martin with probably about three or four others fighting for third place in my bottom three.

Russell Martin to Brighton? on 16:09 - Apr 9 with 1133 viewsjack247

Russell Martin to Brighton? on 15:56 - Apr 9 by Whiterockin

Bradley
Souza
Flynn

Bradley
Clement
Duff

Honourable mention to Carvahal for cock teasing us with a great escape then imploding.
Russell Martin to Brighton? on 16:10 - Apr 9 with 1131 viewsWhiterockin

Russell Martin to Brighton? on 16:00 - Apr 9 by Dr_Winston

Bradley was just hopelessly out of his depth. He shouldn't have been there. I can't hate him for it. Sousa I've always had a sneaking admiration for. The football was dull as hell, but he steadied the ship after Martinez left and wound Jenkins up regularly so he gets a pass from me.

Certainly agree on Flynn. Lazy, useless prat that he was. Him, Martin with probably about three or four others fighting for third place in my bottom three.

Bradley hopelessly out of his depth rings true with our current American senior management. The comparisons are similar for all to see arrogant, cocky and completely useless.
Russell Martin to Brighton? on 17:04 - Apr 9 with 1078 viewsReslovenSwan1

Russell Martin to Brighton? on 16:10 - Apr 9 by Whiterockin

Bradley hopelessly out of his depth rings true with our current American senior management. The comparisons are similar for all to see arrogant, cocky and completely useless.

I do not subscribe this belief that football ability is related to citizenship. It is a warped and discriminatory way of thinking.

For total uselessness I refer you the Swansea city Supporters Trust to assess and they are Welsh. It took a "Yank" to dig them to of a deep hole. They won the lottery and ended up £400k out of pocket. (Their biggest ever investment. Twice what they invested in football). The "Yanks" generously covered their bills. They invest their cash like my long passed grandad did. 0% "in a box under the bed".

I have horrible suspicion that not only was Bradley short changed but Kristian Fletcher was too. He outperformed all of his teammates (some who are very very good) with a goal scoring record superior to McBurnie and was for an unknown reason deemed to have failed his trial and was sent home.

Swansea have a very poor record in identifying and developing forwards. That is why the club has Yates and Cullen. At least Cullen is non Cardiff Welsh.

I hope there are no small minds calling the shots in the club.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Russell Martin to Brighton? on 17:19 - Apr 9 with 1059 viewsQJumpingJack

Russell Martin to Brighton? on 17:04 - Apr 9 by ReslovenSwan1

I do not subscribe this belief that football ability is related to citizenship. It is a warped and discriminatory way of thinking.

For total uselessness I refer you the Swansea city Supporters Trust to assess and they are Welsh. It took a "Yank" to dig them to of a deep hole. They won the lottery and ended up £400k out of pocket. (Their biggest ever investment. Twice what they invested in football). The "Yanks" generously covered their bills. They invest their cash like my long passed grandad did. 0% "in a box under the bed".

I have horrible suspicion that not only was Bradley short changed but Kristian Fletcher was too. He outperformed all of his teammates (some who are very very good) with a goal scoring record superior to McBurnie and was for an unknown reason deemed to have failed his trial and was sent home.

Swansea have a very poor record in identifying and developing forwards. That is why the club has Yates and Cullen. At least Cullen is non Cardiff Welsh.

I hope there are no small minds calling the shots in the club.

When the club decided Guidolin was going to leave - Jason should have listened to Huw J in October 2016.
Jenkins and co did well to get the club to change manager after that shambolic 4-1 home defeat to West Ham on Boxing Day 2016.
Russell Martin to Brighton? on 17:28 - Apr 9 with 1040 viewsWhiterockin

Russell Martin to Brighton? on 17:19 - Apr 9 by QJumpingJack

When the club decided Guidolin was going to leave - Jason should have listened to Huw J in October 2016.
Jenkins and co did well to get the club to change manager after that shambolic 4-1 home defeat to West Ham on Boxing Day 2016.

And there was me thinking that anyone with an ounce of sense can see that the American senior management, unexperienced in British football are way out of their depth. Then again if you don't have an ounce of sense only an agenda........
Russell Martin to Brighton? on 17:34 - Apr 9 with 1026 viewsonehunglow

Russell Martin to Brighton? on 17:28 - Apr 9 by Whiterockin

And there was me thinking that anyone with an ounce of sense can see that the American senior management, unexperienced in British football are way out of their depth. Then again if you don't have an ounce of sense only an agenda........

Paulo was just gorgeous.
Signed a very personable book for my 60 th birthday .
Bloody lovely inscription.
He wasn’t a bad manager either and a world away from the last three clowns we have employed

Russell Martin to Brighton? on 17:53 - Apr 9 with 976 viewsswancity

Martin would be a good fit for Brighton if Southampton don’t go up. Hopefully they’ll go up with Leeds and Leicester though via play offs but it’s a lottery so anything is possible.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Russell Martin to Brighton? on 19:25 - Apr 9 with 857 viewsJust_Dave

Russell Martin to Brighton? on 12:04 - Apr 9 by Dr_Winston

At least Bobby has a promotion on his C.V. Martin's is a little lightweight to say the least.
Russell Martin to Brighton? on 19:30 - Apr 9 with 853 viewsKeithHaynes

Russell Martin to Brighton? on 17:53 - Apr 9 by swancity

Martin would be a good fit for Brighton if Southampton don’t go up. Hopefully they’ll go up with Leeds and Leicester though via play offs but it’s a lottery so anything is possible.

Southampton a bigger club for me.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024