Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rwanda 10:21 - Nov 15 with 22290 viewsraynor94

Supreme court has ruled its illegal.

That's a lot of money down the drain, awaiting a comment from Suella

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Rwanda on 18:00 - Dec 6 with 1112 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Rwanda on 22:37 - Dec 5 by Kilkennyjack

But only the Tory failure is fact.

You have an opinion on potential Labour policies, but this is not a fact - and therefore has no equivalence to the Tory failure.

It was after all Tony Blair that opened the door to mass immigration. When all the Eastern European countries joined the he could have put in place provisional arrangements and limits on immigration from those countries. He said there would only be a few thousand Eastern Europeans wanting to come to the EU instead over 2 million flooded in including 1 million Poland.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Rwanda on 19:31 - Dec 6 with 1087 viewscontroversial_jack

Rwanda on 18:00 - Dec 6 by felixstowe_jack

It was after all Tony Blair that opened the door to mass immigration. When all the Eastern European countries joined the he could have put in place provisional arrangements and limits on immigration from those countries. He said there would only be a few thousand Eastern Europeans wanting to come to the EU instead over 2 million flooded in including 1 million Poland.

Yet, immigration at record levels under this govt
Rwanda on 20:04 - Dec 6 with 1073 viewsGwyn737

Blimey, Jenrick’s gone.

Cue Tory civil war. Again.
Rwanda on 22:15 - Dec 6 with 1041 viewsmajorraglan

Rwanda on 20:04 - Dec 6 by Gwyn737

Blimey, Jenrick’s gone.

Cue Tory civil war. Again.

Speculation is that he’s jockeying to a position himself as a future candidate for the party leadership. He’s got a few skeletons in the cupboard including a decision to intervene and approve a planning application in London which would have saved a Conservative benefactor a significant amount of cash - there were reports he then received a donation from said benefactor.
Rwanda on 22:45 - Dec 6 with 1025 viewsmajorraglan

Rwanda on 18:00 - Dec 6 by felixstowe_jack

Not disputing that Blair got immigration wrong, but it’s worth pointing out that total combined net immigration during the peak years of immigration between 2004 and 2010 was less than we’re projected to experience during 2022 and 2023.

The trend of high levels of immigration continued throughout the 2010’s under various Conservative prime ministers and has gone off the Richter scale over the last 2 years. I believe immigration was a key factor in the Brexit vote and despite the rhetoric we’ve not taken control of our borders.

We need to have a sensible immigration policy which balances off the competing demands and issues. I was recently speaking to a HR official who worked for a large company who informed me the company struggled to recruit British staff - granted the pay and conditions weren’t the greatest but there were opportunities for progression, however it seems some would rather do nothing than graft.
Rwanda on 23:48 - Dec 6 with 1009 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Rwanda on 22:45 - Dec 6 by majorraglan

Not disputing that Blair got immigration wrong, but it’s worth pointing out that total combined net immigration during the peak years of immigration between 2004 and 2010 was less than we’re projected to experience during 2022 and 2023.

The trend of high levels of immigration continued throughout the 2010’s under various Conservative prime ministers and has gone off the Richter scale over the last 2 years. I believe immigration was a key factor in the Brexit vote and despite the rhetoric we’ve not taken control of our borders.

We need to have a sensible immigration policy which balances off the competing demands and issues. I was recently speaking to a HR official who worked for a large company who informed me the company struggled to recruit British staff - granted the pay and conditions weren’t the greatest but there were opportunities for progression, however it seems some would rather do nothing than graft.

I was unfortunate enough to accidentally change the channel over to first ministers questions the other day. Before I slipped into a boredom induced coma I managed to stay conscious and lucid long enough to listen to Drakeford’s response to a question regarding immigration. Firstly he was rambling on about how mass immigration is necessary to grow the population because without it Wales’ population growth is 0 and the question that immediately popped into my mind was why population growth is seen as a priority in the modern world? He also complained that wales has an aging population. Fair enough I hear you say but for me this is an incredibly short term view as the hundreds of thousands of people coming in to grow the population will by definition be an aging population in a few short decades.

Then a lady sitting behind the Tory leader bloke whose name escapes me because he is so irrelevant grabbed my attention she was very attractive.

But I digress.

But it seems it is a priority for pretty much every western government to just grow their populations and fill their countries with as many people as possible for short term economic growth and to hell with the long term consequences.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Rwanda on 00:28 - Dec 7 with 999 viewsRobbie

Jenrick and Braverman are now gone as ex- titled Senior Cabinet Ministers added to Pritti Patel hot air over controlling the small boats issue .

Seems the bottom line appears to be , nobody has a clue how to deal with the problem .

Control of the Borders will be vote swinger for me next time around , whover has the answer to this chaos .
Rwanda on 07:17 - Dec 7 with 976 viewsGwyn737

Rwanda on 00:28 - Dec 7 by Robbie

Jenrick and Braverman are now gone as ex- titled Senior Cabinet Ministers added to Pritti Patel hot air over controlling the small boats issue .

Seems the bottom line appears to be , nobody has a clue how to deal with the problem .

Control of the Borders will be vote swinger for me next time around , whover has the answer to this chaos .

Yep. It’s become on of the vehicles to position a politician to become the next Tory leader.

Just follow these simple steps:

- take complex issue (Brexit, Northern Ireland, Asylum)

- tell everyone it’s simple, if England was sovereign 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

- demonise those raising rational objections

- resign when you get close to having to implement what you said was ‘easy’.
Login to get fewer ads

Rwanda on 09:38 - Dec 7 with 942 viewsjohnlangy

Even the asylum seekers in Calais laugh at the Rwanda scheme (interview shown on GB News). It's just a joke to them so if they think that it's not much of a deterrent is it. Do you think someone should tell Rishi to watch that interview ?

They also interviewed a French bloke. I don't know if he was a politician or someone to do with the police because he talked about them (the police) clearing the camps only for them to reappear a short while later. They mentioned the Rwanda scheme to him as well. He also laughed and said he thought it was a joke.

This sad excuse for a Government are turning our country into a laughing stock. I can't wait for the GE when they are thrown out, hopefully for a long time.
Rwanda on 10:47 - Dec 7 with 924 viewsmajorraglan

Rwanda on 23:48 - Dec 6 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

I was unfortunate enough to accidentally change the channel over to first ministers questions the other day. Before I slipped into a boredom induced coma I managed to stay conscious and lucid long enough to listen to Drakeford’s response to a question regarding immigration. Firstly he was rambling on about how mass immigration is necessary to grow the population because without it Wales’ population growth is 0 and the question that immediately popped into my mind was why population growth is seen as a priority in the modern world? He also complained that wales has an aging population. Fair enough I hear you say but for me this is an incredibly short term view as the hundreds of thousands of people coming in to grow the population will by definition be an aging population in a few short decades.

Then a lady sitting behind the Tory leader bloke whose name escapes me because he is so irrelevant grabbed my attention she was very attractive.

But I digress.

But it seems it is a priority for pretty much every western government to just grow their populations and fill their countries with as many people as possible for short term economic growth and to hell with the long term consequences.

Agree with a lot of what you’ve said, however we do need some immigration especially in sectors like health where we’re short of nurses and doctors.
As I see it, the immigration issue is masking a couple of other fundamental issues that need addressing but nobody seemingly wants to grip the nettle because they are in the too hard to handle box.
Firstly there’s the question of the benefits culture, how can people be better off unemployed than being in work? I’ve recently met many people drawn from a large number of nationalities, a lot of them have limited English but they’ve all managed to find work at various places and they all graft for their wages which I’ll accept are probably not a great deal above minimum wage, but work they do. We’ve got around 1.5m who are unemployed, there’s no doubt some of them could easily find work if they wanted it.

Secondly there’s Training - if people don’t have the skills we should be encouraging employers to train people up and if that requires financial support and grants then so be it.

Lastly, if people are on benefits there should be an expectation that they have to give something back, so it’s a case of community work, or some kind of national labour agency and work for the role - benefits.

The above probably sounds quite draconian to some, but I think we’ve got to change things about.
Rwanda on 11:04 - Dec 7 with 918 viewsonehunglow

Rwanda on 10:47 - Dec 7 by majorraglan

Agree with a lot of what you’ve said, however we do need some immigration especially in sectors like health where we’re short of nurses and doctors.
As I see it, the immigration issue is masking a couple of other fundamental issues that need addressing but nobody seemingly wants to grip the nettle because they are in the too hard to handle box.
Firstly there’s the question of the benefits culture, how can people be better off unemployed than being in work? I’ve recently met many people drawn from a large number of nationalities, a lot of them have limited English but they’ve all managed to find work at various places and they all graft for their wages which I’ll accept are probably not a great deal above minimum wage, but work they do. We’ve got around 1.5m who are unemployed, there’s no doubt some of them could easily find work if they wanted it.

Secondly there’s Training - if people don’t have the skills we should be encouraging employers to train people up and if that requires financial support and grants then so be it.

Lastly, if people are on benefits there should be an expectation that they have to give something back, so it’s a case of community work, or some kind of national labour agency and work for the role - benefits.

The above probably sounds quite draconian to some, but I think we’ve got to change things about.

Much of it is a cultural issue.
In this country,we gave a significant young population of young females who see impregnating as the key of the door of life,then have the State look after them all.
Too many uneducated out of choice. Why?
Why are they simply attracted to bling as opposed to leading a meaningful life.
We need to create an environment ,as in India,where education is valued and where young people WANT to learn .
Also immigrants from third world countries are prepared to graft and do ,at face value,the more unpleasant but vital jobs.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Rwanda on 11:57 - Dec 7 with 901 viewsAnotherJohn

There are several interesting lines of argument in the last few. posts.

JofN asks the reasonable question of why we want to increase the UK population, and this brought to mind how progressive opinion has changed over the years. When (all too many years ago) I was in the sixth form and then doing my first degree, population growth was considered a real threat. Many thought it irresponsible to have more than two kids. Many questioned sustainability, and Malthus' name came up a lot. Of course, in those days nobody thought that for the UK this involved anything more than managing the indigenous population. One can only speculate how much migration and the overlaying of ideas about racism have diverted attention from what still seems a fundamental issue about possible economic and ecological limits, and the shakiness of ideas about the feasibility of endless economic growth.

MajorR makes the valid point that (largely due to lamentable workforce planning) the NHS is now highly dependent on migrant labour. What strikes me about that is that, while we are pretty much forced to keep that channel open in the short term, the thing that progressive opinion sweeps under the carpet is the impact on developing countries where the doctors and nurses we recruit come from. Our model is let them pay for training, while we then hover up their trained professionals, and never mind the impact on the healthcare systems of those countries, Nigeria is a good example with all kinds of inequity and abuse in a healthcare system that lags behind that of Rwanda.

JohnL accurately reports part of a GBN item that suggests that migrants waiting near Calais are laughing at the Rwanda deal because they see that the scale of problems and opposition mean that nobody is likely to be put on a plane in the foreseeable future. What John doesn't go into much detail about is the report that the French police are just going through the motions of moving people out of large camps while letting them set up a large number of smaller ones, which are not so much "refugee camps" as "people-smuggling hubs" (I quote from what I think is the same article). What does that tell us about the likely success of Labour's plan to get after the people-smuggling gangs? My take on this is that we have already spent a lot more money in France than in Rwanda, and it hasn't got us past first base in controlling the Kurdish gangs. Incidentally it was reported that some of the Kurds at the top of the business live in the UK. Those are a group we could target.
[Post edited 7 Dec 2023 12:02]
Rwanda on 20:16 - Dec 7 with 832 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

The skills gap issue is an incredibly frustrating one for me. We have an education system that gives every single child in this country free schooling for 12 years. We have higher education (college) which is also free and some of the most prestigious universities in the world yet we still seem to have massive skill gaps.

It’s a massive failure of the education system. When I hear on the news of schools teaching kids about gender issues and whether or not a woman can have a big floppy cock whilst so called third world countries like Nigeria have a surplus of brilliant doctors I just feel like banging my head against the wall.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Rwanda on 20:37 - Dec 7 with 819 viewsGwyn737

Rwanda on 20:16 - Dec 7 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

The skills gap issue is an incredibly frustrating one for me. We have an education system that gives every single child in this country free schooling for 12 years. We have higher education (college) which is also free and some of the most prestigious universities in the world yet we still seem to have massive skill gaps.

It’s a massive failure of the education system. When I hear on the news of schools teaching kids about gender issues and whether or not a woman can have a big floppy cock whilst so called third world countries like Nigeria have a surplus of brilliant doctors I just feel like banging my head against the wall.

It’s 14 years these days 😉
Rwanda on 21:35 - Dec 7 with 807 viewsAnotherJohn

Rwanda on 20:16 - Dec 7 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Agree with almost all of this, but Nigeria doesn't have a surplus of brilliant doctors. It offers very poor access to public healthcare for most of its population, meaning that it has an awful long way to go to achieve universal coverage . In 2020 it spent 3.38% of GDP on healthcare, compared for example with 7.32% spent in Rwanda. Most public sector doctors engage in "dual practice", meaning they are also involved in private practice, and often pressure poorly-served public hospital patients to transfer to private care. There is a lot of corruption and use of public sector resources and salaried hours for private work. Of 75,000 Nigerian doctors registered with the Nigerian Medical Association, more than 33,000 have emigrated, leaving 42,000 to take care of more than 200 million people. The UK is one of the biggest recruiters of Nigerian doctors.
[Post edited 7 Dec 2023 22:29]
Rwanda on 22:26 - Dec 7 with 780 viewsLuther27

Rwanda on 11:57 - Dec 7 by AnotherJohn

There are several interesting lines of argument in the last few. posts.

JofN asks the reasonable question of why we want to increase the UK population, and this brought to mind how progressive opinion has changed over the years. When (all too many years ago) I was in the sixth form and then doing my first degree, population growth was considered a real threat. Many thought it irresponsible to have more than two kids. Many questioned sustainability, and Malthus' name came up a lot. Of course, in those days nobody thought that for the UK this involved anything more than managing the indigenous population. One can only speculate how much migration and the overlaying of ideas about racism have diverted attention from what still seems a fundamental issue about possible economic and ecological limits, and the shakiness of ideas about the feasibility of endless economic growth.

MajorR makes the valid point that (largely due to lamentable workforce planning) the NHS is now highly dependent on migrant labour. What strikes me about that is that, while we are pretty much forced to keep that channel open in the short term, the thing that progressive opinion sweeps under the carpet is the impact on developing countries where the doctors and nurses we recruit come from. Our model is let them pay for training, while we then hover up their trained professionals, and never mind the impact on the healthcare systems of those countries, Nigeria is a good example with all kinds of inequity and abuse in a healthcare system that lags behind that of Rwanda.

JohnL accurately reports part of a GBN item that suggests that migrants waiting near Calais are laughing at the Rwanda deal because they see that the scale of problems and opposition mean that nobody is likely to be put on a plane in the foreseeable future. What John doesn't go into much detail about is the report that the French police are just going through the motions of moving people out of large camps while letting them set up a large number of smaller ones, which are not so much "refugee camps" as "people-smuggling hubs" (I quote from what I think is the same article). What does that tell us about the likely success of Labour's plan to get after the people-smuggling gangs? My take on this is that we have already spent a lot more money in France than in Rwanda, and it hasn't got us past first base in controlling the Kurdish gangs. Incidentally it was reported that some of the Kurds at the top of the business live in the UK. Those are a group we could target.
[Post edited 7 Dec 2023 12:02]

It’s a very complex matter when you try to think in straight lines do to speak. We have an increasing population with what appears to be a decrease in required skills within that population. Immigration whether legal or illegal is not only a short term fix…but in the long term a very expensive one when you take into account the strain on our basic services to the indigenous population. That’s without taking Covid into account which has had a major effect on the planet as a whole

As for the NHS…well you could feed the GDP of China and it would still fail due to failure of management from the top to the very bottom. It needs a brutal review. I never thought I would live to see nurses and doctors strike for money. Total disregard for the sick and those at their moment of desperate need. If they have no sense of duty they should not be in that profession.
Rwanda on 22:50 - Dec 7 with 771 viewsmajorraglan

Rwanda on 22:26 - Dec 7 by Luther27

It’s a very complex matter when you try to think in straight lines do to speak. We have an increasing population with what appears to be a decrease in required skills within that population. Immigration whether legal or illegal is not only a short term fix…but in the long term a very expensive one when you take into account the strain on our basic services to the indigenous population. That’s without taking Covid into account which has had a major effect on the planet as a whole

As for the NHS…well you could feed the GDP of China and it would still fail due to failure of management from the top to the very bottom. It needs a brutal review. I never thought I would live to see nurses and doctors strike for money. Total disregard for the sick and those at their moment of desperate need. If they have no sense of duty they should not be in that profession.

You mention the NHS, the pressure on the NHS has grown significantly. We’ve got more people, older population, less beds, more pressure on staff who in real terms have experienced a 20% cut in their wages. The equivalent of what they earned in 4 days in 2011 now takes them 5 days.

I’m not arguing that there isn’t poor management because there will be, just like any other organisation, but there’s still a lot of good people working in the NHS. The NHS is being used as a political football.
Rwanda on 22:55 - Dec 7 with 769 viewsAnotherJohn

Something that intrigued me from the recent interviews on TV with politicians and officials from Rwanda was that UNHCR actively assists in the relocation of large numbers of asylum seekers to that country. I have to say that I was completely gobsmacked when I found a UNHCR webpage report on the current situation. Do read this in full because I think it will amaze some of our posters.

https://reporting.unhcr.org/operational/operations/rwanda#:~:text=As%20of%20end%

The punchline for me is the following:

Impact statement: "Refugees, asylum seekers and stateless populations in Rwanda live in a safe environment where their protection needs are met."

No wonder the Rwandan authorities are pee'd off with the evidence UNHCR gave to the Supreme Court. I can only assume that UNHCR sees things though a different lens when a European country is involved.
Rwanda on 23:17 - Dec 7 with 751 viewsLuther27

Rwanda on 22:50 - Dec 7 by majorraglan

You mention the NHS, the pressure on the NHS has grown significantly. We’ve got more people, older population, less beds, more pressure on staff who in real terms have experienced a 20% cut in their wages. The equivalent of what they earned in 4 days in 2011 now takes them 5 days.

I’m not arguing that there isn’t poor management because there will be, just like any other organisation, but there’s still a lot of good people working in the NHS. The NHS is being used as a political football.

I think we have more beds but not kept up with the population increase. In that respect I agree. However I have no sympathy whatsoever with nurses, doctors or consultants who entered the medical profession and professed allegiance to the hypocrite oath and are prepared to let people suffer while they are on a strike line protesting they are doing it for our safety. I’m not buying that for one minute when I personally watched someone wait over 24 hours for an ambulance.
If these people put money before patients then they are in the wrong profession. From that stance I will not back down.
Rwanda on 23:50 - Dec 7 with 743 viewsLuther27

Rwanda on 23:17 - Dec 7 by Luther27

I think we have more beds but not kept up with the population increase. In that respect I agree. However I have no sympathy whatsoever with nurses, doctors or consultants who entered the medical profession and professed allegiance to the hypocrite oath and are prepared to let people suffer while they are on a strike line protesting they are doing it for our safety. I’m not buying that for one minute when I personally watched someone wait over 24 hours for an ambulance.
If these people put money before patients then they are in the wrong profession. From that stance I will not back down.

It appears they have identified a business opportunity here. I’m not sure but I think I read that there is a shortfall of young….whatever young means….adult makes there?
Rwanda on 00:46 - Dec 8 with 734 viewsRobbie

My Mother passed away in Morriston Hospital Renal Ward few years back , natural causes she went quietly .

Phillopine domestic girl , got her hands dirty , cleaning up human mess after operations was prepared to work any time , any day to clean up faceas on the Ward floor .

Wonder how many of our home grown Job Seekers would take on that task .
Rwanda on 08:20 - Dec 8 with 688 viewsmajorraglan

Rwanda on 23:17 - Dec 7 by Luther27

Finding stats for the U.K. is difficult, but there are plenty f stats available for NHS England and I strongly suspect that the situation there reflects the position in the rest of the U.K.

The number of beds has dropped from almost 300,000 in 1987 to 131,000 in 20210/21, it increased to 138,000 in 2021/22/ which I suspect is as a result of the pandemic. We have the second lowest number of beds per 1000 of the population and our figures is almost 4 times lower than the German figure, only Sweden is lower than the U.K.

Against the falling number of beds, we have a huge increase in our population. I fully accept technology will mean something procedures can be completed more quickly as day surgery etc, however that would be the same in other European countries too. Factor in bed blocking and it’s clear we’ve got major presssure issues in the nhs.
Rwanda on 12:40 - Dec 8 with 644 viewsBoundy

Rwanda on 09:38 - Dec 7 by johnlangy

Even the asylum seekers in Calais laugh at the Rwanda scheme (interview shown on GB News). It's just a joke to them so if they think that it's not much of a deterrent is it. Do you think someone should tell Rishi to watch that interview ?

They also interviewed a French bloke. I don't know if he was a politician or someone to do with the police because he talked about them (the police) clearing the camps only for them to reappear a short while later. They mentioned the Rwanda scheme to him as well. He also laughed and said he thought it was a joke.

This sad excuse for a Government are turning our country into a laughing stock. I can't wait for the GE when they are thrown out, hopefully for a long time.

But listening y to a Labour spokesperson on Times radio this morning they have no better idea on how should they win the next election g how they would adopt current Tory legislation , if you can its worth a listen , they're as clueless as the Torys I'm afraid.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Rwanda on 15:24 - Dec 8 with 621 viewsWingstandwood

Rwanda on 12:40 - Dec 8 by Boundy

But listening y to a Labour spokesperson on Times radio this morning they have no better idea on how should they win the next election g how they would adopt current Tory legislation , if you can its worth a listen , they're as clueless as the Torys I'm afraid.

There is indeed a worry from many that Labour will "stop the boats" not by means of robust border control to keep numbers down to the minimum, but will pick up unvetted migrants with no I.D/documentation at pre-arranged collection points anyway.

They will then be fast tracked through with minimal screening to (*cough, cough, cough*) clear the backlog of unprocessed individuals. That "safe and legal route" thingy they love to sign early day motions about hey!

A case of "show up here and HMS Bulwark, CH 47's or the C130's will be on the way to drop everyone off during nighttime at a remote/secret location far away and out of the way enough so that nobody will notice".

The serious concern is that Labour will take a Joe Biden/Democrat Party approach to border control that'll have a "green-on" floodgate effect, whereupon the numbers will increase to even more dangerous and worrying levels.

One thing that may stop this is the fact that accommodation spaces are rapidly running out? But there again the idiots in the U.S ignored all that anyhow. Staggering to contemplate!

Argus!

Rwanda on 16:21 - Dec 8 with 596 viewsSullutaCreturned

Rwanda on 22:45 - Dec 6 by majorraglan

Your last sentence sums it up. I know people who choose not to work. It's partly why I believe that working should always pay more than benefits and if you live on benefits you should still get a certain amount to guarantee your take home is more than just the benefits. People aren't going to take a job if it makes them worse off.

In fact one of my colleagues resigned recently becaue he can get more on benefits. I don't know his exact circumstances but he has a handicapped child.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024