Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
British Cycling makes transgender decision. 12:12 - May 26 with 1317 viewsGwyn737

Seems pretty sensible to me.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2023/may/26/british-cycling-bars-transgender-w

Women's catagory for those biologically female, Male catagory replaced with an Open catagory for eveyone else.
British Cycling makes transgender decision. on 12:14 - May 26 with 1309 viewsDr_Winston

So sensible you have to wonder why the hell it's taken so long to make it and why other sports keep dragging their heels.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

British Cycling makes transgender decision. on 13:37 - May 26 with 1272 viewsBoundy

British Cycling makes transgender decision. on 12:14 - May 26 by Dr_Winston

So sensible you have to wonder why the hell it's taken so long to make it and why other sports keep dragging their heels.

There shouldn't have been a decision to make in the first place .Sharon Davies for example has been virtually crucified for her beliefs that women are women and men are men

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

British Cycling makes transgender decision. on 13:48 - May 26 with 1272 viewsEagleEye

Common sense decision. It would make sense for all sports to fall in line on this principle. The bloke who wants to be a woman sounds quite bitter about it though
British Cycling makes transgender decision. on 14:22 - May 26 with 1248 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

British Cycling makes transgender decision. on 13:37 - May 26 by Boundy

There shouldn't have been a decision to make in the first place .Sharon Davies for example has been virtually crucified for her beliefs that women are women and men are men

Ironically Sharron Davies has been the target of abuse because of her beliefs from those pleading for more tolerance!

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

British Cycling makes transgender decision. on 14:24 - May 26 with 1246 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

My nephew came home from school the other day and told us one of the boys in the year below is pregnant.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

British Cycling makes transgender decision. on 15:07 - May 26 with 1228 viewsDr_Winston

If you get the chance Emily Bridges statement is well worth a read.

Absolutely batshit.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

British Cycling makes transgender decision. on 15:49 - May 26 with 1210 viewsFlashberryjack

What about Non-binary people, they may identify as an intermediate or separate third gender or identify with more than one gender, no gender, or have a fluctuating gender identity.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

British Cycling makes transgender decision. on 16:05 - May 26 with 1201 viewsGwyn737

British Cycling makes transgender decision. on 15:49 - May 26 by Flashberryjack

What about Non-binary people, they may identify as an intermediate or separate third gender or identify with more than one gender, no gender, or have a fluctuating gender identity.

Then they can go in the Open category.
Login to get fewer ads

British Cycling makes transgender decision. on 16:35 - May 26 with 1184 viewsSullutaCreturned

British Cycling makes transgender decision. on 15:07 - May 26 by Dr_Winston

If you get the chance Emily Bridges statement is well worth a read.

Absolutely batshit.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/61563551
British Cycling makes transgender decision. on 16:41 - May 26 with 1179 viewsSgorioFruit

Stop the world I want to get off

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

British Cycling makes transgender decision. on 16:45 - May 26 with 1178 viewsbritferry

quite right too

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

British Cycling makes transgender decision. on 16:50 - May 26 with 1176 viewsfelixstowe_jack

There are biologically only two genders except for a very few hermaphrodite which are so small the ONS hasn't figures for.

A person cam of course identify as anything they want but that still no mean they are what they identify as.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

British Cycling makes transgender decision. on 16:51 - May 26 with 1174 viewsonehunglow

I’d like to spend some time with Sharron .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

British Cycling makes transgender decision. on 19:09 - May 26 with 1136 viewsTreforys_Jack

You don't get many women who change to men and then want to compete in the male category wonder why that is
British Cycling makes transgender decision. on 19:52 - May 26 with 1122 viewsBoundy

British Cycling makes transgender decision. on 16:51 - May 26 by onehunglow

I’d like to spend some time with Sharron .

Yes but would she like to reciprocate , her swimming normally involve being in a costume

British Cycling makes transgender decision. on 20:23 - May 26 with 1110 viewsonehunglow

British Cycling makes transgender decision. on 19:52 - May 26 by Boundy

Yes but would she like to reciprocate , her swimming normally involve being in a costume

Lol.
She d leave me for dead. she s a lot younger .

Great girl is SHaz and dead right on this subject

British Cycling makes transgender decision. on 07:48 - May 27 with 1051 viewsDr_Winston

British Cycling makes transgender decision. on 16:35 - May 26 by SullutaCreturned

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/61563551

I meant this one.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Css6I0RMFuI/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=d1ca2710

British Cycling makes transgender decision. on 07:55 - May 27 with 1048 viewsDr_Winston

FWIW, I do have a certain sympathy for the concept of trans athletes.

It's almost become a joke in certain circles about how all a mediocre male has to do is slap on a wig and some lippy and dominate women's sport. I'm not sure anyone really wants to risk alienating their friends and family, becoming a potential figure of ridicule and all just to win some medals in sports that don't pay all that well anyway. I believe that in most cases the need to transition is genuine.

Having said that, they simply cannot expect to be allowed to compete against biological women given the clear and obvious physical advantages inherent in growing up male. Physical disparity is the reason we have weight classes in contact sports and almost all other activities where strength plays a major role. It's a nonsense that they're trying to do it, an insult to women who have trained all their lives and simply cannot compete and it must not be allowed to happen any more.

British Cycling makes transgender decision. on 08:13 - May 27 with 1043 viewsBoundy

or just call it for what it really is. a load of bats++++

British Cycling makes transgender decision. on 11:01 - May 27 with 1020 viewsonehunglow

British Cycling makes transgender decision. on 08:13 - May 27 by Boundy

or just call it for what it really is. a load of bats++++

I might want to identify as a Tree,or a Ford Cortina mark 1

British Cycling makes transgender decision. on 11:26 - May 27 with 1012 viewsGwyn737

British Cycling makes transgender decision. on 07:55 - May 27 by Dr_Winston

It's almost become a joke in certain circles about how all a mediocre male has to do is slap on a wig and some lippy and dominate women's sport. I'm not sure anyone really wants to risk alienating their friends and family, becoming a potential figure of ridicule and all just to win some medals in sports that don't pay all that well anyway. I believe that in most cases the need to transition is genuine.

Having said that, they simply cannot expect to be allowed to compete against biological women given the clear and obvious physical advantages inherent in growing up male. Physical disparity is the reason we have weight classes in contact sports and almost all other activities where strength plays a major role. It's a nonsense that they're trying to do it, an insult to women who have trained all their lives and simply cannot compete and it must not be allowed to happen any more.

Great post.

The rules are necessary imo to protect the integrity of women’s sport, but we are talking about a tiny number.

It’s not as if there are dozens of trans cyclists who’ve woken up this morning and have decided to return to being male because they can’t enter bike races.
British Cycling makes transgender decision. on 13:35 - May 27 with 984 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

British Cycling makes transgender decision. on 07:55 - May 27 by Dr_Winston

There’s also the issue of changing rooms and women only spaces. Not sure whether it was America or Australia but there was one girls team who were being called transphobic for having the audacity to complain about one of their team mates helicoptering her penis around in a triumphant celebration of victory.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

British Cycling makes transgender decision. on 13:47 - May 27 with 980 viewsDr_Winston

British Cycling makes transgender decision. on 13:35 - May 27 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

There’s also the issue of changing rooms and women only spaces. Not sure whether it was America or Australia but there was one girls team who were being called transphobic for having the audacity to complain about one of their team mates helicoptering her penis around in a triumphant celebration of victory.

Also that.

People who voice genuine concerns are labelled as fascists, bigots, terfs and many other colourful perjoratives for for raising simple objections.
[Post edited 27 May 2023 13:48]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024