Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should the Americans invest and dilute the Trust’s shareholding? 03:10 - Sep 8 with 11578 viewsScottishEddie

Should the Americans invest and dilute the Trust’s shareholding?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Stupidest Posterer of the Year

Should the Americans invest and dilute the Trust’s shareholding? on 09:44 - Sep 8 with 1443 viewsE20Jack

Should the Americans invest and dilute the Trust’s shareholding? on 09:42 - Sep 8 by TheResurrection

A 51 year old 'financial expert ' arguing the toss with some emotional babies online.

If only his peers could see him now

If I am ever saying “CYA” at the age of 51, then please direct me to the nearest help.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Should the Americans invest and dilute the Trust’s shareholding? on 09:52 - Sep 8 with 1440 viewsShaky

Should the Americans invest and dilute the Trust’s shareholding? on 09:44 - Sep 8 by chad

Indeed

Which would seem only fair if the buyer was the one that crashed it, whilst taking control in a way that was against the part owners legal rights

I am in the business of finding practical solutions to actual problems, Spratty.

What do you suggest as a way forward?

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Should the Americans invest and dilute the Trust’s shareholding? on 10:00 - Sep 8 with 1425 viewsTheResurrection

Should the Americans invest and dilute the Trust’s shareholding? on 09:52 - Sep 8 by Shaky

I am in the business of finding practical solutions to actual problems, Spratty.

And these big time clients of his come to him so he can make nicknames up for them, argue the toss endlessly and shout CYA when they've signed off yet another multi million dollar merger.

Hang on, some of this shit just doesn't add up 😂

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Should the Americans invest and dilute the Trust’s shareholding? on 10:20 - Sep 8 with 1394 viewschad

Should the Americans invest and dilute the Trust’s shareholding? on 09:52 - Sep 8 by Shaky

If you read back I was actually supporting you by dismissing pees glib retort.

But fair question, given the new owners have clearly shown their colours...

Without rancour but with full and firm use of legal rights get our money out just like the sellouts did and save that 20m + for that rainy day.

Then get right behind the new owners in every positive thing they do for the club and genuinely hope they are successful, in the knowledge we have a substantial pot to help pick up the pieces and protect the long term future of professional football in Swansea should things go awry.

Also build a strong non shareholding fans group to represent us under the new owners, doing everything we can to build a strong positive relationship but built on firm principles.
Should the Americans invest and dilute the Trust’s shareholding? on 10:29 - Sep 8 with 1370 viewsswan65split

Should the Americans invest and dilute the Trust’s shareholding? on 07:36 - Sep 8 by ScottishEddie

You’ve lost me there, just answer the question

you lost me on the question.
Should the Americans invest and dilute the Trust’s shareholding? on 10:32 - Sep 8 with 1362 viewsShaky

Should the Americans invest and dilute the Trust’s shareholding? on 10:20 - Sep 8 by chad

If you read back I was actually supporting you by dismissing pees glib retort.

But fair question, given the new owners have clearly shown their colours...

Without rancour but with full and firm use of legal rights get our money out just like the sellouts did and save that 20m + for that rainy day.

Then get right behind the new owners in every positive thing they do for the club and genuinely hope they are successful, in the knowledge we have a substantial pot to help pick up the pieces and protect the long term future of professional football in Swansea should things go awry.

Also build a strong non shareholding fans group to represent us under the new owners, doing everything we can to build a strong positive relationship but built on firm principles.

Yes, sorry about that Spratty, my tolerance for obscure allegories was unfortunately at an end when I came across you post ;-)

As I said i think there are some potential problems and unintended consequences actually getting any money out of Kaplan.

And the club needs money right now.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Should the Americans invest and dilute the Trust’s shareholding? on 11:16 - Sep 8 with 1316 viewschad

Should the Americans invest and dilute the Trust’s shareholding? on 10:32 - Sep 8 by Shaky

Yes, sorry about that Spratty, my tolerance for obscure allegories was unfortunately at an end when I came across you post ;-)

As I said i think there are some potential problems and unintended consequences actually getting any money out of Kaplan.

And the club needs money right now.

There in lies the quandary

I know you are struggling as hard as you can to find some sort of pragmatic solution to the current situation. Which is admirable.

I am looking to the longer term objectives of the Trust and don’t think we should squander our resources acting as a short term prop for what is out of our control. This of course could have some negative consequences in the short term. Which if they occurred could be unpalatable to many. However I would just see a short term prop as delaying the inevitable if that is the path we are on and would leave us with nothing.

Given Steve seems to see this investment as a gnats bite and he is taken by the club - he could easily provide further support to cover a Trust buyout as should have been offered at the time
Should the Americans invest and dilute the Trust’s shareholding? on 11:26 - Sep 8 with 1297 viewsShaky

Should the Americans invest and dilute the Trust’s shareholding? on 11:16 - Sep 8 by chad

There in lies the quandary

I know you are struggling as hard as you can to find some sort of pragmatic solution to the current situation. Which is admirable.

I am looking to the longer term objectives of the Trust and don’t think we should squander our resources acting as a short term prop for what is out of our control. This of course could have some negative consequences in the short term. Which if they occurred could be unpalatable to many. However I would just see a short term prop as delaying the inevitable if that is the path we are on and would leave us with nothing.

Given Steve seems to see this investment as a gnats bite and he is taken by the club - he could easily provide further support to cover a Trust buyout as should have been offered at the time

The thing is that the £30 million recapitalisation I propose isn't a short term fix or band-aid.

It is serious long term money, that would finally give the club some financial stability.

And certainly anything could happen, including Stevie-boy donning a Santa Claus outfit and gifting the Trust all sorts of things. But if that micro-probability outcome were to come off, he would actually be the ideal long term partner for the Trust!

Misology -- It's a bitch

Login to get fewer ads

Should the Americans invest and dilute the Trust’s shareholding? on 12:50 - Sep 8 with 1266 viewsairedale

Should the Americans invest and dilute the Trust’s shareholding? on 09:16 - Sep 8 by Loyal

I think he is suggesting that those who take a free view and do smoke would find it hard disposing of their cigarette ends. I'm thinking more of a modern slant and suggesting a saying regards vaping is suggested coupled with motorbikes. It's the chocolate fireguard theory all over again, fireguards are a thing of the past so may be something like 'As useful as a chocolate radiator hanger' or similar.

Righto, but it is worrying ‘cos he’s now suggesting that Ferrari concessionaires are flogging dodgy cars!
Should the Americans invest and dilute the Trust’s shareholding? on 16:15 - Sep 8 with 1206 viewsTheResurrection

So 5 posters, 25% want to dilute the Trust's ownership in the club.

Are the 5 willing to comment why?

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Should the Americans invest and dilute the Trust’s shareholding? on 18:09 - Sep 8 with 1148 viewsDJack

Should the Americans invest and dilute the Trust’s shareholding? on 16:15 - Sep 8 by TheResurrection

Seemingly barking mad ain't it. I suspect that at least one voted that way for shit&giggles. The rest however... Huw Jenkins and co?

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Should the Americans invest and dilute the Trust’s shareholding? on 18:10 - Sep 8 with 1148 viewsbuilthjack

The Yanks should do the decent thing and make an offer to the trust for their shares. The scumbags won't though.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Should the Americans invest and dilute the Trust’s shareholding? on 18:11 - Sep 8 with 1143 viewsTheResurrection

Should the Americans invest and dilute the Trust’s shareholding? on 18:10 - Sep 8 by builthjack

The Yanks should do the decent thing and make an offer to the trust for their shares. The scumbags won't though.

You are 100% Fireboy

Should the Americans invest and dilute the Trust’s shareholding? on 18:14 - Sep 8 with 1144 viewslondonlisa2001

The question isn’t specific enough for anyone to answer.
Should the Americans invest and dilute the Trust’s shareholding? on 18:34 - Sep 8 with 1124 viewsTheResurrection

Should the Americans invest and dilute the Trust’s shareholding? on 18:14 - Sep 8 by londonlisa2001

The question isn’t specific enough for anyone to answer.

Here she is mun.

Care to make it a bit more specific?.

Should the Americans invest and dilute the Trust’s shareholding? on 18:52 - Sep 8 with 1103 viewsjasper_T

Should the Americans invest and dilute the Trust’s shareholding? on 16:15 - Sep 8 by TheResurrection

I don't really care about the Trust so the Americans pumping a few tens of millions into the club would be fine by me.
Should the Americans invest and dilute the Trust’s shareholding? on 18:57 - Sep 8 with 1094 viewsbuilthjack

Should the Americans invest and dilute the Trust’s shareholding? on 18:11 - Sep 8 by TheResurrection

You are 100% Fireboy

You are 100% E20

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Should the Americans invest and dilute the Trust’s shareholding? on 18:59 - Sep 8 with 1090 viewslondonlisa2001

Should the Americans invest and dilute the Trust’s shareholding? on 18:34 - Sep 8 by TheResurrection

Here she is mun.

Care to make it a bit more specific?.

Well the issue is the price at which new shares would be bought by the Americans.

The Trust shareholding decreasing is, I assume, what most people think of when they mention ‘dilution’ but, as has been pointed out on many occasions, the Trust owning 21% or 15% or whatever is somewhat irrelevant in this situation.

It’s dilution of value that’s the crucial bit. If the Trust owns a lesser percentage of a higher valued club (maintaining the value of their share), that’s not much of an issue. For that to be the case, again, given the current situation, the relevant value is the 2016 value. In other words, the Americans buying new shares at the 2016 value is, on the face of it, fine for the Trust.

They won’t want to, if they do ever buy more shares as they indicated in their interview, one would assume, given relegation. They’d want to decrease their average cost per share in the club to decrease their loss (at the expense of the Trust). The way of doing that is issuing shares at a lower valuation than they paid for the ones they have. Problem of course, is that is an unfair prejudice against the minority.

The question is not specific enough, as I said.
Should the Americans invest and dilute the Trust’s shareholding? on 19:13 - Sep 8 with 1059 viewsTheResurrection

Should the Americans invest and dilute the Trust’s shareholding? on 18:59 - Sep 8 by londonlisa2001

Well the issue is the price at which new shares would be bought by the Americans.

The Trust shareholding decreasing is, I assume, what most people think of when they mention ‘dilution’ but, as has been pointed out on many occasions, the Trust owning 21% or 15% or whatever is somewhat irrelevant in this situation.

It’s dilution of value that’s the crucial bit. If the Trust owns a lesser percentage of a higher valued club (maintaining the value of their share), that’s not much of an issue. For that to be the case, again, given the current situation, the relevant value is the 2016 value. In other words, the Americans buying new shares at the 2016 value is, on the face of it, fine for the Trust.

They won’t want to, if they do ever buy more shares as they indicated in their interview, one would assume, given relegation. They’d want to decrease their average cost per share in the club to decrease their loss (at the expense of the Trust). The way of doing that is issuing shares at a lower valuation than they paid for the ones they have. Problem of course, is that is an unfair prejudice against the minority.

Well of course but that's always been the case even if they'd attempted to pump more money into the club when we were in the EPL.

There's always been the threat of a tangible prejudice if they'd done that.

But what the op was suggesting is that it's not just that easy to 'invest' ie pump millions into the club as that comes with conditions and those conditions would affect the Trust.

You would do better correcting the nonsense on here in my opinion. How many more wacky posts from Omar do you have to see before you say something?

Can you get your own sticky thread where we can refer to as a form of constant? So whenever anyone says anything as bonkers as they've been we can refer to the thread to shut them down?

It seems you've been all too keen in allowing a growing sentiment of bad feeling in respect of nonsense accounting and I don't think it's fair. Not one bit.

Should the Americans invest and dilute the Trust’s shareholding? on 19:18 - Sep 8 with 1056 viewslondonlisa2001

Should the Americans invest and dilute the Trust’s shareholding? on 19:13 - Sep 8 by TheResurrection

Well of course but that's always been the case even if they'd attempted to pump more money into the club when we were in the EPL.

There's always been the threat of a tangible prejudice if they'd done that.

But what the op was suggesting is that it's not just that easy to 'invest' ie pump millions into the club as that comes with conditions and those conditions would affect the Trust.

You would do better correcting the nonsense on here in my opinion. How many more wacky posts from Omar do you have to see before you say something?

Can you get your own sticky thread where we can refer to as a form of constant? So whenever anyone says anything as bonkers as they've been we can refer to the thread to shut them down?

It seems you've been all too keen in allowing a growing sentiment of bad feeling in respect of nonsense accounting and I don't think it's fair. Not one bit.

Of course it’s easy. Put in equity at the 2016 value and everyone’s happy.

Doesn’t mean it’ll happen, but it’s easy.

And I did correct Omar’s post. I said he was talking nonsense and anyone that believed it was an idiot. Have a look at the thread and you’ll see me saying so, and E20 replying to my post as well.

And i have done so before as well.

So not sure why that’s me allowing anything to stand or being either fair or unfair.
Should the Americans invest and dilute the Trust’s shareholding? on 19:20 - Sep 8 with 1050 viewsGaryjack

23 votes in total from almost 1100 views tells me there is hope for this site and it's posters.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2018 19:21]
Should the Americans invest and dilute the Trust’s shareholding? on 20:04 - Sep 8 with 1004 viewsShaky

Should the Americans invest and dilute the Trust’s shareholding? on 18:59 - Sep 8 by londonlisa2001

"The way of doing that is issuing shares at a lower valuation than they paid for the ones they have. Problem of course, is that is an unfair prejudice against the minority. "

Well no. That would be a reflection of the substantially decreased value, which is an uncomfortable reality no doubt for all concerned.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Should the Americans invest and dilute the Trust’s shareholding? on 22:32 - Sep 8 with 954 views_

Should the Americans invest and dilute the Trust’s shareholding? on 20:04 - Sep 8 by Shaky

"The way of doing that is issuing shares at a lower valuation than they paid for the ones they have. Problem of course, is that is an unfair prejudice against the minority. "

Well no. That would be a reflection of the substantially decreased value, which is an uncomfortable reality no doubt for all concerned.

Not really, we got relegated. A lot of us are used to it even if we've not had to endure one for such a long time. If you're still weirding the place out in years to come you may see another one.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Should the Americans invest and dilute the Trust’s shareholding? on 22:39 - Sep 8 with 946 viewsbonymine

Should the Americans invest and dilute the Trust’s shareholding? on 22:32 - Sep 8 by _

Not really, we got relegated. A lot of us are used to it even if we've not had to endure one for such a long time. If you're still weirding the place out in years to come you may see another one.

‘Unfair Prejudice’ ......remember those words you Sellout Sympathiser Chrissy as they will well and truly be rammed down your throat in the forthcoming legal action ....

You Greedy B@stards Get Out Of OUR Club .....

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Should the Americans invest and dilute the Trust’s shareholding? on 22:42 - Sep 8 with 942 views_

Should the Americans invest and dilute the Trust’s shareholding? on 22:39 - Sep 8 by bonymine

‘Unfair Prejudice’ ......remember those words you Sellout Sympathiser Chrissy as they will well and truly be rammed down your throat in the forthcoming legal action ....

You Greedy B@stards Get Out Of OUR Club .....

GET OUT OF JENKINS CLUB

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024