Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
PS Mental Health Awareness Week #2: Narcissism 09:44 - Jul 27 with 3094 viewsShaky

The Narcissist, the Over Confident and the Inferior
By M.Farouk Radwan, MSc

What is Narcissism?

Narcissism is a personality disorder in which the person falls in love with himself. The narcissist has got an inflated sense of self worth, he thinks that he is better than most people, that he is a superior person and that he is invulnerable. If one of your friends is a narcissist you can easily identify him by his continues talk about his marvelous achievements, his outstanding intelligence or his breath taking beauty.

The following are the common symptoms that Narcissists have:

* Striving for Attention: Narcissists Fuel their self confidence by the complements they receive, by being in the center of attention and by knowing that people are talking about their superior talents. Without these sources of supply (called the narcissistic supply sources) the narcissist feels worthless and may even become depressed.

* Exaggerating their Worth: Narcissists think that they are omnipotent, invincible and superior. They constantly try to transfer this belief to those surrounding them in order to get their reward which is the narcissistic supply. The narcissist always talks about how good he is and how brilliant he is compared to others.

* Lacking Empathy: I hate to overgeneralize but most narcissists care only about their own feelings. They can take advantage of others or use them just to secure a source of narcissistic supply. They only care about their own emotions and they lack empathy when it comes to dealing with others.

* Obsessed With Fantasies of Unlimited Success: The Narcissist’s mind is obsessed with fantasies of unlimited success, superiority, ultimate achievements, tremendous strength and everlasting fame.

* Expects Others to Glorify him: The narcissist considers himself above the law and he expects others to deal with him according to his exaggerated valuation of his self worth.

. . .Getting over Narcissism

If you are a narcissist then most probably you will escape reading this section because you are going to think that you are superior to me and that my advice is useless to you ,However, if you decided to sacrifice your narcissism for the sake of personal balance then keep reading.

The first thing you should do is to know your enemy, you are trying to exaggerate your self worth because deep inside you there are feelings of inferiority. you should direct your efforts towards getting over this wound and not anywhere else.

For some reason you felt insecure and that’s why you have built this shield to protect your true self. This is the time where you should collect your courage to look beneath this shield. Even if you didn’t like what you will find there you should move on because it’s the only way to personal balance.

I know that part of your self worth is based on true achievements and on real life success and I know that you posses some special abilities and that’s why you should have no problem in facing your real self and in healing your wounded inner child.

So to summarize this all, explore your wounds, deal with them and let go of your shield.

. . .Dealing with the Narcissist

Contrary to common beliefs controlling a narcissist is as easy as using the Nintendo wee game console to play tennis ( I am assuming that you have at least 5 years of experience with video games :). Here are a few tips for dealing with narcissists

* Bothering Him Much or even depressing Him: Ignoring a narcissist or being indifferent to him can kill him. Although he will devalue you for doing it still it will cause him much pain . Of course I am not telling you this information to use it against narcissists but this is an article about narcissism so it should include real life facts about them

* Directing Him Somewhere: Just tell any narcissist that he can never learn Chinese and then leave him alone. Most probably you will find that he started Chinese courses few weeks later just to prove to you that he is superior and that you were wrong.

* Make him Love You: Complement him, show him that you are impressed by his skills and tell him that you believe that he superior and he will be your best friend. This of course wont be true friendship because he got closer to you as a result of considering you a new source of narcissistic supply

Impressing a narcissist is very simple. Just convince him that you can do something that is of importance to him better than him and he will become impressed. In my book How to make someone fall in love with you, i explained how you can make narcissists and arrogant people fall in love with you by making them believe that you are superior to them. The moment you make those people believe that you are more powerful than them they will stick to you like your shadow.

Full article: https://www.2knowmyself.com/Pathological_Narcissism_definition/narcissism_sympto
[Post edited 27 Jul 2018 10:56]

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

PS Mental Health Awarenewss Week #2: Narcissism on 10:15 - Jul 27 with 3066 viewsJackfath

I don't like the fact the article refers to the narcissist as a man.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

PS Mental Health Awarenewss Week #2: Narcissism on 10:42 - Jul 27 with 3045 viewsomarjack

lol Shaky..I have a feeling this is directed at a certain poster around here.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2018 10:43]

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

PS Mental Health Awarenewss Week #2: Narcissism on 10:59 - Jul 27 with 3022 viewsShaky

PS Mental Health Awarenewss Week #2: Narcissism on 10:42 - Jul 27 by omarjack

lol Shaky..I have a feeling this is directed at a certain poster around here.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2018 10:43]

Well Trump is also a massive narcissist, probably caused by deep seated feelings of inadequacy in relation to his father.

And it is always nice to know what you're dealing with, and no less importantly to have some idea of how to do so!
[Post edited 27 Jul 2018 11:03]

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024