Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hubris (leading to nemesis) 21:49 - May 9 with 2634 viewsWarwickHunt

hubris
ˈ
noun

excessive pride or self-confidence.

synonyms: arrogance, conceit, conceitedness, haughtiness, pride, vanity, self-importance, self-conceit, pomposity, superciliousness, feeling of superiority;

(in Greek tragedy) excessive pride towards or defiance of the gods, leading to nemesis.

Alternative spelling : Huwbris...

Hubris (leading to nemesis). on 21:52 - May 9 with 2576 viewsBanosswan

Supercilious is my favourite word.

The synonyms section is missing bignosecwntfwcktwart though.
[Post edited 9 May 2018 21:52]

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Hubris (leading to nemesis) on 21:52 - May 9 with 2569 viewsJonathans_coat

“The superior man understands what is right, the inferior man understands what will sell”

Confucius
Hubris (leading to nemesis) on 22:06 - May 9 with 2486 viewstwintownjack

The Hubermensch (German for "Beyond-Man", "Superman", "Overman", "Superhuman", "Hyperman", "Hyperhuman"; German pronunciation: [ˈˀyːbɐmɛnʃ]) is a concept in the philosophy of Friedrich Nietzsche.

Premier League and you fecked it up Hubermoron

We know were you live..........Song for Sunday

At least we non plastics can meet up and get tickets next season............share the pain
Hubris (leading to nemesis) on 22:12 - May 9 with 2471 viewsWarwickHunt

Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. George Santayana

Perhaps the penny had finally dropped....it’s been coming for the last three fûcking years.
Hubris (leading to nemesis) on 22:18 - May 9 with 2440 viewstwintownjack

Those whom the gods wish to destroy they first make mad during the transfer window. Anonymous ancient proverb, wrongly attributed to Euripides. The version here is quoted as a "heathen proverb" in Daniel, a Model for Young Men (1854) by William Anderson Scott.

Alltwen, Saundersfoot, Marmbella, you cannot hide from us, not with that nose
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024