Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will Ayew be bringing mayhem with him? 23:50 - Jan 31 with 7642 viewsTom1912

Interesting insight into West Ham’s transfer policies:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-5335207/West-Ham-director-sp
[Post edited 31 Jan 2018 23:50]
Will Ayew be bringing mayhem with him? on 23:55 - Jan 31 with 6045 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Director of Football........another one!

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Will Ayew be bringing mayhem with him? on 00:07 - Feb 1 with 5978 viewsSwansNZ

If this Mayhem guy can play fullback, I hope so

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Will Ayew be bringing mayhem with him? on 00:14 - Feb 1 with 5942 viewsairedale

Will Ayew be bringing mayhem with him? on 00:07 - Feb 1 by SwansNZ

If this Mayhem guy can play fullback, I hope so

Is it Mayhem from Preston NE?
Will Ayew be bringing mayhem with him? on 00:30 - Feb 1 with 5868 viewshobo

Garry Monk had a similar opinion about Spanish players. Nothing at all was made of that though
[Post edited 1 Feb 2018 0:30]
Will Ayew be bringing mayhem with him? on 02:45 - Feb 1 with 5725 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Wow, that should end his career.

With their DOT saying that about their African players, we probably should have been able to get him for a little less than £18m. Not that I'm complaining; I'm just thrilled to have Andre back. Mark my words: unlike Bony's return, this is actually something worth being excited about.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2018 2:49]

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Will Ayew be bringing mayhem with him? on 03:43 - Feb 1 with 5673 viewsjazzswan

bony, wasted seasons - no goals - poor fitness , returns swansea - looks unfit, out of touch not likl;y to score many..

ayew - wasted seasons - little goals - poor fitness - returns to Swansea - HHMM - les hope for better, seems a crazy amount of money for a guy who has done little past 2 seasons!
Will Ayew be bringing mayhem with him? on 06:40 - Feb 1 with 5441 viewsdobjack2

Mr Mayhem? That would be a bit over the top.
Will Ayew be bringing mayhem with him? on 07:10 - Feb 1 with 5332 viewsSTID2017

Throwback to the East End of old.
All he needed to add was "Send them all back where they came from"
Racist bigot - Alf Garnett would have been proud of him

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Login to get fewer ads

Will Ayew be bringing mayhem with him? on 08:20 - Feb 1 with 5109 viewsJackSomething

Will Ayew be bringing mayhem with him? on 00:30 - Feb 1 by hobo

Garry Monk had a similar opinion about Spanish players. Nothing at all was made of that though
[Post edited 1 Feb 2018 0:30]

Did he though? Certainly didn't seem to stop him signing Hernandez for Leeds did it?

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Will Ayew be bringing mayhem with him? on 08:58 - Feb 1 with 4989 viewsE20Jack

Since when has Africa been a race? There are 5 million caucasian Africans in South Africa alone. How is it a racist comment?

Would it be anywhere near a story if he had said "Italian" players tend to have a bad attitude when not in the side?

I think we all know the answer.

All aboard the 'offended train'.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Will Ayew be bringing mayhem with him? on 09:16 - Feb 1 with 4886 viewsSTID2017

Will Ayew be bringing mayhem with him? on 08:58 - Feb 1 by E20Jack

Since when has Africa been a race? There are 5 million caucasian Africans in South Africa alone. How is it a racist comment?

Would it be anywhere near a story if he had said "Italian" players tend to have a bad attitude when not in the side?

I think we all know the answer.

All aboard the 'offended train'.

Don't be so naive.
If he had said "Black African" that would of made it clearer for you ?
How many Caucasian Africans do West Ham have in their squad ?
My guess is none ...
It was a racist offensive remark.
People like you being accepting of it is what keeps our game in the dark ages when it comes to equality

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Will Ayew be bringing mayhem with him? on 09:25 - Feb 1 with 4834 viewsE20Jack

Will Ayew be bringing mayhem with him? on 09:16 - Feb 1 by STID2017

Don't be so naive.
My guess is none ...
People like you being accepting of it is what keeps our game in the dark ages when it comes to equality

Don't be so utterly ridiculous.

If he had said "Black African" then we can judge him on that. Whether they have any white African players is something you are adding as a determining factor, not him.

There are not an awful lot of black Italian players are there? So again, if he had said "Italian players tend to cause mayhem when not in the side" - would you then also suggest he means "white" Italians and is being racist? I bet you that you wouldn't, nor would anybody else.

I would have a pretty strong guess that he is referring to cultural attitudes rather than skin colour (something you created remember), hence why he referred to a geographical area and not a skin colour (West Ham have many non African black players) so common sense suggests it is not skin colour he is seeing as a potential recurring issue but geographical/cultural one. Skin colour has been fabricated by the sensationalists to add to the offence.

So - it could be regarded as an offensive remark yes, it is a little sweeping. But it is certainly not a racist one.

"People like me" are the ones that are at the forefront of equality. People seeing racism and creating racism where there isn't any is one if the major reasons equality is not reaching the level it should.

Feminists are the same. By that I mean the new age of feminists. I watched a breakfast debate the other morning when they tried to suggest wolf whistling should become a hate crime. When asked if that goes for women if they do it to a man too, all three baulked at the idea. Equality eh?

Hope you didnt overpay for your ticket on the offended train, although seats are filling up predictably fast.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2018 9:36]

Will Ayew be bringing mayhem with him? on 09:40 - Feb 1 with 4768 viewsDafyddHuw

Will Ayew be bringing mayhem with him? on 09:16 - Feb 1 by STID2017

Don't be so naive.
My guess is none ...

Just let it go. He's thick as fùck.
Will Ayew be bringing mayhem with him? on 09:40 - Feb 1 with 4768 viewsFireboy2

Will Ayew be bringing mayhem with him? on 09:25 - Feb 1 by E20Jack

Don't be so utterly ridiculous.

If he had said "Black African" then we can judge him on that. Whether they have any white African players is something you are adding as a determining factor, not him.

There are not an awful lot of black Italian players are there? So again, if he had said "Italian players tend to cause mayhem when not in the side" - would you then also suggest he means "white" Italians and is being racist? I bet you that you wouldn't, nor would anybody else.

I would have a pretty strong guess that he is referring to cultural attitudes rather than skin colour (something you created remember), hence why he referred to a geographical area and not a skin colour (West Ham have many non African black players) so common sense suggests it is not skin colour he is seeing as a potential recurring issue but geographical/cultural one. Skin colour has been fabricated by the sensationalists to add to the offence.

So - it could be regarded as an offensive remark yes, it is a little sweeping. But it is certainly not a racist one.

"People like me" are the ones that are at the forefront of equality. People seeing racism and creating racism where there isn't any is one if the major reasons equality is not reaching the level it should.

Feminists are the same. By that I mean the new age of feminists. I watched a breakfast debate the other morning when they tried to suggest wolf whistling should become a hate crime. When asked if that goes for women if they do it to a man too, all three baulked at the idea. Equality eh?

Hope you didnt overpay for your ticket on the offended train, although seats are filling up predictably fast.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2018 9:36]

Very well explained e20

But you just cant say sh!t like that these days,even if he did mean culturally not colour

If you are in a responsible position in any field you have to engage brain before speaking eg twitter/facebook

What i find ironic is the piece in the OP is from the daily mail
Will Ayew be bringing mayhem with him? on 09:46 - Feb 1 with 4741 viewsE20Jack

Will Ayew be bringing mayhem with him? on 09:40 - Feb 1 by Fireboy2

Very well explained e20

But you just cant say sh!t like that these days,even if he did mean culturally not colour

If you are in a responsible position in any field you have to engage brain before speaking eg twitter/facebook

What i find ironic is the piece in the OP is from the daily mail

Of course you can't say it and expect not to have this sort of reaction these days. Which is why the older generation seem to get caught out by it.

This is the social media age where people will take anything you say and try and create their own narrative in order to seem holier than thou. It is the attitude that "if I am calling out racism, then I cannot be a racist" it is self declaration - the fact there is absolutely no racism in what you are complaining about however seems irrelevant.

It is all very tiresome.

Will Ayew be bringing mayhem with him? on 09:50 - Feb 1 with 4716 viewsperchrockjack

The brothers might well work well in tandem.

That leaves three summer signings seen as not good enough to start

That s why Jenkins is despised

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Will Ayew be bringing mayhem with him? on 09:55 - Feb 1 with 4700 viewsFireboy2

Will Ayew be bringing mayhem with him? on 09:46 - Feb 1 by E20Jack

Of course you can't say it and expect not to have this sort of reaction these days. Which is why the older generation seem to get caught out by it.

This is the social media age where people will take anything you say and try and create their own narrative in order to seem holier than thou. It is the attitude that "if I am calling out racism, then I cannot be a racist" it is self declaration - the fact there is absolutely no racism in what you are complaining about however seems irrelevant.

It is all very tiresome.

It is very tiresome

And its also a shame that people who are obviously not racist get vilified
Will Ayew be bringing mayhem with him? on 09:58 - Feb 1 with 4684 viewsLoyal

I bet the story wouldnt have been reported if he said Scottish players.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Will Ayew be bringing mayhem with him? on 09:58 - Feb 1 with 4682 viewsperchrockjack

I careful about saying the word " black" in a public place as you never know .

Folkn nuts is this world we olive in

Will Ayew be bringing mayhem with him? on 10:05 - Feb 1 with 4667 viewsE20Jack

Will Ayew be bringing mayhem with him? on 09:55 - Feb 1 by Fireboy2

It is very tiresome

And its also a shame that people who are obviously not racist get vilified

Indeed. People who are not racist, not sexist, not prejudice in any way shape or form. But again, that doesn't seem to matter.

The more you display your displeasure at inequality the better you feel about yourself and the safer you feel in terms of how people view you - the people you hang out to dry are simoly collateral damage in that personal quest.

Unfortunately the age of Facebook, online forums and Twitter has these people falling over themselves to "out-offend" everyone else.

Remember that welsh rugby player who went to his Xmas party fancy dress as Wilfried Bony and was branded a racist because he adjusted his skin tone to match Wilfried's? Where in reality he did not see race as a boundary and dressed up in homage to resemble his hero - but again, no. Thats racist that is, you can only dress up as white people apparently (which is ironically the most racist stance you can have in such a situation).

These people finding racism where there isnt any is keeping racism alive and keeping boundaries active. The sooner this social media era dies the better. My fear it is here to stay, and probably get worse.

Will Ayew be bringing mayhem with him? on 10:11 - Feb 1 with 4650 viewsperchrockjack

I ll be more concise

There is a whole industry in Diversity just looking at possible offence .

This is going on while the world spins around ?..

It's also the subject with most hypocrisy.

Many stating how appalling racism is live in 95 per cent white areas and the only people of colour they see own their local newsagent .

Fact

Will Ayew be bringing mayhem with him? on 10:30 - Feb 1 with 4599 viewsjasper_T

West Ham bid for Slimani so they obviously don't have a problem with light-skinned Africans.
Will Ayew be bringing mayhem with him? on 11:09 - Feb 1 with 4541 viewsE20Jack

Will Ayew be bringing mayhem with him? on 10:30 - Feb 1 by jasper_T

West Ham bid for Slimani so they obviously don't have a problem with light-skinned Africans.

Jesus Christ.

Will Ayew be bringing mayhem with him? on 11:11 - Feb 1 with 4534 viewsperchrockjack

Blasphemy is also very offensive

Will Ayew be bringing mayhem with him? on 11:13 - Feb 1 with 4532 viewsBloodyhills

Did anyone notice any mayhem brought by Andre when he was here before? I can't remember any other than what he caused opposition defences from time to time and hope he brings a lot more of that. :-)

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024