Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sanches lost the ball 23 times today 19:03 - Sep 10 with 11985 viewsTom1912

That takes some doing in a 68 minute performance.
Sanches lost the ball 23 times today on 19:06 - Sep 10 with 6664 views34dfgdf54

Frightening statistic which is impossible to sugar coat.
Sanches lost the ball 23 times today on 19:13 - Sep 10 with 6630 viewsawayjack

That's amazing. I said I can't remember such a poor debut. Mesa lost the ball 2-3 times and hasn't seen a game since. We were warned reason he could get close to Bayern 1st squad was he lost ball easily and couldn't keep up with pace / flow of their game. Young enough to learn but on that performance he can't start next week against Spurs. Looks like we're back to Leon if Mesa has still not 'adjusted'
Sanches lost the ball 23 times today on 19:17 - Sep 10 with 6584 viewsTom1912

Sanches lost the ball 23 times today on 19:13 - Sep 10 by awayjack

That's amazing. I said I can't remember such a poor debut. Mesa lost the ball 2-3 times and hasn't seen a game since. We were warned reason he could get close to Bayern 1st squad was he lost ball easily and couldn't keep up with pace / flow of their game. Young enough to learn but on that performance he can't start next week against Spurs. Looks like we're back to Leon if Mesa has still not 'adjusted'

I said the same. Ignoring everything about him and just looking at his performance, it was one of the worst I've seen in a Swans shirt at this level.
Sanches lost the ball 23 times today on 19:25 - Sep 10 with 6515 viewsjojaca

Sanches lost the ball 23 times today on 19:17 - Sep 10 by Tom1912

I said the same. Ignoring everything about him and just looking at his performance, it was one of the worst I've seen in a Swans shirt at this level.

He looked uncomfortable out on the right and a little lost, you could blame the shit diamond system.

Even when you know, you never know?

Sanches lost the ball 23 times today on 19:27 - Sep 10 with 6475 viewsjasper_T

Sanches lost the ball 23 times today on 19:25 - Sep 10 by jojaca

He looked uncomfortable out on the right and a little lost, you could blame the shit diamond system.

That's his normal fckin position. If he looks lost there's he's got no hope.
Sanches lost the ball 23 times today on 19:34 - Sep 10 with 6405 viewsPrivate_Partz

Very harsh comments here. He actually won quite a few balls and when he lost the ball he was actually tackling the opposition as he was trying to get the ball off them. The bigger concern for me was his wayward passing but I hope that will come.
They started running through us when he went off the pitch.
The problem we now have is Clem is trying to blood in new players in real time. This is even worse than Frankie was faced with. We can thank dithering Jenkins and his team for that.
The biggest worry for me is if the new players do not come good. Clucas, Tammy and Wilf were pretty anonymous. Then there is Clem. He has effed up tactically in two games now.
Hopefully players can improve under Clem but playing without wingers and trying to go down the middle was not working today. We were slow in thought and deed.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Sanches lost the ball 23 times today on 19:41 - Sep 10 with 6332 viewstomdickharry

Shouldn't take it out on Sanches,Mr Clement picked him he's the person who would be getting the critique.
Sanches lost the ball 23 times today on 19:52 - Sep 10 with 6254 viewsicecoldjack

Sanches lost the ball 23 times today on 19:34 - Sep 10 by Private_Partz

Very harsh comments here. He actually won quite a few balls and when he lost the ball he was actually tackling the opposition as he was trying to get the ball off them. The bigger concern for me was his wayward passing but I hope that will come.
They started running through us when he went off the pitch.
The problem we now have is Clem is trying to blood in new players in real time. This is even worse than Frankie was faced with. We can thank dithering Jenkins and his team for that.
The biggest worry for me is if the new players do not come good. Clucas, Tammy and Wilf were pretty anonymous. Then there is Clem. He has effed up tactically in two games now.
Hopefully players can improve under Clem but playing without wingers and trying to go down the middle was not working today. We were slow in thought and deed.

Is about right.

We allsaid before he played that he will need time to blow the cob webs off as he is low on confidence and game time and playing in a totally different league..guess what happened !

Not sure why its a shock to some people truth be told. I was a bit dissapointed in his team mates too, Sanches was coming in for some heavy treatment and not one of our players helped out in squaring things up, he has all the atributes he just lacks game time and confidence, clement took a gamble hoping he would have a wonder game but he didn't he looked like he thought we all thought he would look.

Sanches is the least of our problems IMO the bigger problem is a pondering team playing a safe ball so early into the season and us being devoid of any ideas in the attacking 3rd.

Only 2 players made an effort to try and be forward thinking and that was Ayew and Naughton, there is a lot of work to do and no wonder free kicks or set piece goals to dig us out of trouble when the blunt cutting edge raises its head for the 3rd game out of 4 .

Early days and clement is smart enough to sort it but looking at the likes of clucas and mesa i don't see a clear stratrgy with recruitment and how clement fixes a team with such similar players on the field.

Who can do something out of nothing in that team today ?
Login to get fewer ads

Sanches lost the ball 23 times today on 20:01 - Sep 10 with 6194 viewsLeonWasGod

He was no worse than anyone else in the centre imo. He was making space for himself and had limited options ahead of him, not helped by having a static Naughton next to him. Plenty of passes came off, and a lot of possession conceeded would have been when he was breaking up play. I don't think he was as bad as some people are making out, but on that showing he doesn't seem to offer anything over what we already have with the likes of Carroll (who was equally poor, if not worse today).

We're playing with 4 in the middle who like time on the ball and to control the game. Not sure where the creativity in the final third is going to come from (the ocassionsl lovely through ball from Fer aside).
Sanches lost the ball 23 times today on 20:17 - Sep 10 with 6122 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Apparently Ki is f@cking crap .

The rooster is home to roost

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Sanches lost the ball 23 times today on 20:22 - Sep 10 with 6083 viewsJackflack

Sanches lost the ball 23 times today on 19:17 - Sep 10 by Tom1912

Disagree

Lets be nice, we're all newbees on here.

Sanches lost the ball 23 times today on 20:31 - Sep 10 with 6019 viewsBrynCartwright

I thought he was absolutely gash. No wonder he is on loan.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Sanches lost the ball 23 times today on 20:47 - Sep 10 with 5939 viewsCooperman

Didn't look fit.
Possibly (probably) not match sharp.
Doesn't yet know the Swansea way.
Shouldn't have started IMO.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Sanches lost the ball 23 times today on 20:48 - Sep 10 with 5917 viewsDarran

Sanches lost the ball 23 times today on 20:22 - Sep 10 by Jackflack

Disagree

Oh it most definitely was.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Sanches lost the ball 23 times today on 20:55 - Sep 10 with 5862 viewsJackflack

Sanches lost the ball 23 times today on 20:48 - Sep 10 by Darran

Oh it most definitely was.

Oh well I must be wrong then.
Sorry everyone for tonight's musings.
It's clear I don't know what I'm talking about...
And I don't give a feck.

Lets be nice, we're all newbees on here.

Sanches lost the ball 23 times today on 20:56 - Sep 10 with 5853 viewsScotia

28 games for by far the best team in Germany, a weaker league, not a single goal or assist.
He may come good but gambling our season on him is a hell of a risk.
Sanches lost the ball 23 times today on 20:56 - Sep 10 with 5835 viewsDarran

Sanches lost the ball 23 times today on 20:55 - Sep 10 by Jackflack

Oh well I must be wrong then.
Sorry everyone for tonight's musings.
It's clear I don't know what I'm talking about...
And I don't give a feck.

He was dreadful. I'm not going to destroy him but he looked like he didn't have a clue.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Sanches lost the ball 23 times today on 21:37 - Sep 10 with 5695 viewsSwansNZ

Sanches lost the ball 23 times today on 20:56 - Sep 10 by Darran

He was dreadful. I'm not going to destroy him but he looked like he didn't have a clue.

He was rubbish, as were the other 9 outfield players.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Sanches lost the ball 23 times today on 21:46 - Sep 10 with 5663 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Sanches lost the ball 23 times today on 21:37 - Sep 10 by SwansNZ

He was rubbish, as were the other 9 outfield players.

It was clear he had ability

It was also clear that after 1 training session there was no way we could fit him into a game which if we started the same team as last week we probably would have won.

should not have started, although to be honest that was not the most worrying tactical decision by PC today imo

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Sanches lost the ball 23 times today on 21:51 - Sep 10 with 5616 views3swan

Sanches lost the ball 23 times today on 20:56 - Sep 10 by Darran

Your memory isn't that bad. It was a poor performance ( he shouldn't have started) but it was the Premier league, we've had many players over the years who have had a worse debut performance.
Sanches lost the ball 23 times today on 21:52 - Sep 10 with 5604 viewswhoflungdung

He should not have started .

Mesa not starting is be ominous sinister

Why do we buy players for big money then deem them not good enough .

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Sanches lost the ball 23 times today on 21:55 - Sep 10 with 5581 viewsMartyrman57

If Sanches was dreadful then what word best described Carroll today ?
Sanches lost the ball 23 times today on 21:58 - Sep 10 with 5562 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Sanches lost the ball 23 times today on 21:52 - Sep 10 by whoflungdung

He should not have started .

Mesa not starting is be ominous sinister

Why do we buy players for big money then deem them not good enough .

The game cried out for Mesa (or Leon) today, when teams are sitting back we have to move the ball much quicker and look forward every time as not many opportunities arise, we took far too many safe options today - you can't expect to beat anyone in this league doing that

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Sanches lost the ball 23 times today on 22:05 - Sep 10 with 5527 viewsjackrabbit

Sanches lost the ball 23 times today on 21:55 - Sep 10 by Martyrman57

If Sanches was dreadful then what word best described Carroll today ?

I penned this at half-time: "Sanches has done some good things and made some mistakes - to be expected in a first game. The weather is a factor and we'll see him play better on a better day. He has good feet and I can see him in a more attacking role once he's match fit and more settled."

I saw enough to draw the conclusion that he can play a bit. He's rusty. Give him a few games.
Sanches lost the ball 23 times today on 22:08 - Sep 10 with 5490 viewsLoyal

Sanches lost the ball 23 times today on 19:06 - Sep 10 by 34dfgdf54

Frightening statistic which is impossible to sugar coat.

Well how about he was there and involved to lose the ball ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024