Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
PSG competition for chelsea 10:19 - Jan 10 with 4537 viewscostalotta

In signing llorente from us. Might help us get a better deal...whatever that may be.

I'm hoping he doesn't get sold off as I think if he does go it will send out all the wrong signals. It's hard enough to attract players here anyway without the club being run like a circus. If llorente goes and with Borja not doing it we will be an even bigger pickle.

Hopefully just paper talk.
PSG competition for chelsea on 10:29 - Jan 10 with 3972 viewskarnataka

If we get someone good enough as part of the deal, even if it's on loan, then it might be worth considering. Some good youngster who's not getting game time at his club and who would benefit from a few tough months in the prem.
PSG competition for chelsea on 10:34 - Jan 10 with 3939 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Swap for Edinson Cavani would be nice.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

PSG competition for chelsea on 10:40 - Jan 10 with 3899 viewsjack247

How about just keeping him? Only worth considering if we can pull off a loan for someone like Batshiayi who doesn't get so up his own arse about leaving London for a few months.

If Chelsea and PSG want him we should as well
PSG competition for chelsea on 10:58 - Jan 10 with 3825 viewspencoedjack

Its amazing Chelsea & PSG want to sign him but some posters on PS want him to leave because they think he's crap.

Amazing
PSG competition for chelsea on 10:58 - Jan 10 with 3819 viewsTheResurrection

In my opinion he's got to go now.

If we saw a glimpse of the real Llorente in the first half at Palace well we certainly haven't seen anything like that before.

I think if anyone scans back through the site when we were first linked with him it was mostly a no as people feared he was looking for one of his last pay days. And by and large that's what we've had from him.

The first sniff of something better and he puts himself about like Adrian Forbes and himself in the shop window.

He clearly wants to go and if we block this move then we'll be left with an even worse Llorente than the one we had before, and that would be some achievement.

This may well turn out to be a nice bit of business and potentially a life saver.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

PSG competition for chelsea on 11:28 - Jan 10 with 3699 viewscostalotta

PSG competition for chelsea on 10:58 - Jan 10 by TheResurrection

If we saw a glimpse of the real Llorente in the first half at Palace well we certainly haven't seen anything like that before.

I think if anyone scans back through the site when we were first linked with him it was mostly a no as people feared he was looking for one of his last pay days. And by and large that's what we've had from him.

The first sniff of something better and he puts himself about like Adrian Forbes and himself in the shop window.

He clearly wants to go and if we block this move then we'll be left with an even worse Llorente than the one we had before, and that would be some achievement.

This may well turn out to be a nice bit of business and potentially a life saver.

I sort of agree with your 3rd paragraph but he's here now and has to a certain degree done ok and I reckon is getting better. Just my view.

I can also see why you'd let him go but as you know, and I'd think you'd agree that Jenkins cannot be trusted to bring in anyone of equal if not better quality. I guess that leaves us between a rock and a hard place.
PSG competition for chelsea on 11:43 - Jan 10 with 3638 viewsAnotherJohn

PSG competition for chelsea on 10:58 - Jan 10 by TheResurrection

Getting rid at all costs will lead to relegation. A transfer is only worthwhile if we can rope in another credible striker (not a kid with potential) as part of the deal. If we get money alone we will struggle to attract anybody as good as Llorente to a relegation-threatened team in SW Wales. We have no time for bedding in.
PSG competition for chelsea on 11:51 - Jan 10 with 3590 viewsTheResurrection

PSG competition for chelsea on 11:43 - Jan 10 by AnotherJohn

Getting rid at all costs will lead to relegation. A transfer is only worthwhile if we can rope in another credible striker (not a kid with potential) as part of the deal. If we get money alone we will struggle to attract anybody as good as Llorente to a relegation-threatened team in SW Wales. We have no time for bedding in.

I agree. It has to be backed up by someone who could potentially save us. We have to be smart in this move and we have to bring in a replacement who can really do something for us and fit into our style of play.

And if anyone thinks Llorente is being linked with these clubs to play regular football they're even more deluded.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Login to get fewer ads

PSG competition for chelsea on 11:57 - Jan 10 with 3545 viewsTheResurrection

PSG competition for chelsea on 11:28 - Jan 10 by costalotta

I sort of agree with your 3rd paragraph but he's here now and has to a certain degree done ok and I reckon is getting better. Just my view.

I can also see why you'd let him go but as you know, and I'd think you'd agree that Jenkins cannot be trusted to bring in anyone of equal if not better quality. I guess that leaves us between a rock and a hard place.

I really don't think Jenkins is the be all and end all in this window. Yes he's having an input and no doubt his arrogance will make him think he can put right some of his wrongs, but I think there's a lot more thought process going into decisions at present.

We've got respected coaches and Clement. We've got the stats man as well so I think Jenkins will be one part of 4 or 5 which should give us a bit of hope.

Lastly, I think if as it appears to be, that Llorente wants to go, then keeping him against his will would be a disaster for us.

PSG competition for chelsea on 12:08 - Jan 10 with 3507 viewscostalotta

PSG competition for chelsea on 11:57 - Jan 10 by TheResurrection

I really don't think Jenkins is the be all and end all in this window. Yes he's having an input and no doubt his arrogance will make him think he can put right some of his wrongs, but I think there's a lot more thought process going into decisions at present.

We've got respected coaches and Clement. We've got the stats man as well so I think Jenkins will be one part of 4 or 5 which should give us a bit of hope.

Lastly, I think if as it appears to be, that Llorente wants to go, then keeping him against his will would be a disaster for us.

We will certainly find out soon.

By the way, I hope your mostly right. jenkins must go, he's poison.
PSG competition for chelsea on 12:19 - Jan 10 with 3448 viewsjack247

PSG competition for chelsea on 11:51 - Jan 10 by TheResurrection

I agree. It has to be backed up by someone who could potentially save us. We have to be smart in this move and we have to bring in a replacement who can really do something for us and fit into our style of play.

And if anyone thinks Llorente is being linked with these clubs to play regular football they're even more deluded.

What you are talking about is a massive gamble. I'm all for selling/loaning him if we replace him with a striker who fits our system better and scores goals. I can't see why anyone would be opposed to that.

Where most people disagree, is the trust you seem to have in our recruitment team to get things right. Yes, maybe Jenkins' influence has been diluted, but I still wouldn't bet on us bringing anyone better in. They spent £15m on Baston in the summer.

Teams don't want him to play 90 minutes. They want him to come on for 15 minutes and nick a goal. We aren't in a position to use him as an impact sub, but we also aren't in a position to let our only real goal threat leave, unless we are certain we have a better replacement.
PSG competition for chelsea on 12:41 - Jan 10 with 3345 viewsLeonWasGod

PSG competition for chelsea on 12:19 - Jan 10 by jack247

What you are talking about is a massive gamble. I'm all for selling/loaning him if we replace him with a striker who fits our system better and scores goals. I can't see why anyone would be opposed to that.

Where most people disagree, is the trust you seem to have in our recruitment team to get things right. Yes, maybe Jenkins' influence has been diluted, but I still wouldn't bet on us bringing anyone better in. They spent £15m on Baston in the summer.

Teams don't want him to play 90 minutes. They want him to come on for 15 minutes and nick a goal. We aren't in a position to use him as an impact sub, but we also aren't in a position to let our only real goal threat leave, unless we are certain we have a better replacement.

A huge gamble. We've seen repeatedly that the strikers we are able to sign are as likely to come to us and fail as they are to be a success. We know we have a proven goal scorer 100%, yet we'd be swapping that for a 50% gamble. We've run out of time to experiment this season - we have to play the percentage game.

If he's had his head turned and he genuinely wants to go though, it's probably best for all if he does. But I'm not convinced he has - seems a popular member of the squad and happy to be here from the little I've seen of his public profile on social media, etc.

We'll see.
PSG competition for chelsea on 12:51 - Jan 10 with 3277 viewsTheResurrection

PSG competition for chelsea on 12:41 - Jan 10 by LeonWasGod

A huge gamble. We've seen repeatedly that the strikers we are able to sign are as likely to come to us and fail as they are to be a success. We know we have a proven goal scorer 100%, yet we'd be swapping that for a 50% gamble. We've run out of time to experiment this season - we have to play the percentage game.

If he's had his head turned and he genuinely wants to go though, it's probably best for all if he does. But I'm not convinced he has - seems a popular member of the squad and happy to be here from the little I've seen of his public profile on social media, etc.

We'll see.

That is just so naive.

Llorente coming here was all about a few quid for him regardless of what his personality is like. Paying any attention to tweets made by footballers is ridiculous.

Of course his bloody head has been turned. He's got a sniff at being in London playing for the champions elect and a lot more money....

Oh but he'd rather play here for less in a dog fight because he said nice things on Twitter. Come on son, pull yourself together, this isn't the first time.

PSG competition for chelsea on 13:06 - Jan 10 with 3205 viewsLoyal

PSG competition for chelsea on 12:51 - Jan 10 by TheResurrection

That is just so naive.

Llorente coming here was all about a few quid for him regardless of what his personality is like. Paying any attention to tweets made by footballers is ridiculous.

Of course his bloody head has been turned. He's got a sniff at being in London playing for the champions elect and a lot more money....

Oh but he'd rather play here for less in a dog fight because he said nice things on Twitter. Come on son, pull yourself together, this isn't the first time.

As most people have said, it's a credible deal if the replacement is well up to scratch, this is where the concern is. HJ has hardly pulled up trees.
He has already proven himself as a greedy cnt who puts himself first so there is little faith.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

PSG competition for chelsea on 13:09 - Jan 10 with 3180 viewsTheResurrection

PSG competition for chelsea on 13:06 - Jan 10 by Loyal

As most people have said, it's a credible deal if the replacement is well up to scratch, this is where the concern is. HJ has hardly pulled up trees.
He has already proven himself as a greedy cnt who puts himself first so there is little faith.

If the replacement is Ulloa I'll be pig sick.

PSG competition for chelsea on 13:12 - Jan 10 with 3161 viewsjack247

PSG competition for chelsea on 13:09 - Jan 10 by TheResurrection

But not surprised? That's my concern rather than Llorente leave in itself
PSG competition for chelsea on 13:12 - Jan 10 with 3157 viewsAngelRangelQS

I'd get a bucket ready.

It's Marvin Emnes all over again.

If it is Ulloa, I'd just be thankful it isn't Batshuyai's brother.
PSG competition for chelsea on 13:22 - Jan 10 with 3110 viewsLeonWasGod

PSG competition for chelsea on 12:51 - Jan 10 by TheResurrection

That is just so naive.

Like him or not (and I get it, you don't) he's our joint top scorer and seems an important senior member of his squad. Goals, team spirit and experience are things we desperately need.

Of course it's not naive - most footballers will go where their agents tell them to go and chase the cash and chance to play for bigger clubs, I'm surprised you'd believe I think anything different. But whether he's a mercenary or not is irrelevant as long as he's with us, is up for the fight now and can add something over the rest of the season. I think he can - he's on the way to being every bit as useful for us as Ayew was last season, and he was a mercenary too.
PSG competition for chelsea on 13:22 - Jan 10 with 3109 viewstaff999555

It's going to be another Ngog,Lita,Emnes, Vasquez, Schechter etc etc
PSG competition for chelsea on 13:25 - Jan 10 with 3087 viewstaff999555

Won't be ullloa. Ranieiri has said he's not leaving during this window as slimani is away at the AFCON
PSG competition for chelsea on 13:35 - Jan 10 with 3054 viewspencoedjack

Go on then who would you realistically replace him with ?

Ditto Gylfi

Its all well & good calling the shots in saying you think they should be sold (to get a reaction), but I never see any names who you think should replace them.
PSG competition for chelsea on 13:41 - Jan 10 with 3015 viewscostalotta

PSG competition for chelsea on 13:12 - Jan 10 by AngelRangelQS

I'd get a bucket ready.

It's Marvin Emnes all over again.

If it is Ulloa, I'd just be thankful it isn't Batshuyai's brother.

That's why his brothers name was leaked!

To set supporters expectations so it's not a surprise when it happens....
PSG competition for chelsea on 14:11 - Jan 10 with 2945 viewsTheResurrection

PSG competition for chelsea on 13:35 - Jan 10 by pencoedjack

Go on then who would you realistically replace him with ?

Ditto Gylfi

Its all well & good calling the shots in saying you think they should be sold (to get a reaction), but I never see any names who you think should replace them.

That's just a childish argument and I'm not after a reaction. Just saying things as I see them.

Was Llorente seriously no ANYONE'S radar beginning of the season? What if I'd played along with this childish game and said him then. People would've laughed.

It's not my job to scout players but there will be replacements somewhere in world football even it it's on loan.

Same for Siggy.

I just would have liked the rebuilding to have already started by now.

PSG competition for chelsea on 14:23 - Jan 10 with 2892 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Has Ulloa got a brother?

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

PSG competition for chelsea on 14:30 - Jan 10 with 2856 viewsWhiterockin

PSG competition for chelsea on 12:19 - Jan 10 by jack247

I don't think that when we bought him he was expected to play 90 minutes, more of a back up to our main striker. It is just that Borja has been so poor he has had to be used more.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2017 14:30]

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024